New to myfitnesspal

Options
Hello there, I'm Colleen and I've been on this journey since last July. I've lost 50 lbs and have 20 more to go. Those 20 are the hardest! I'm 43 and it really is harder over 40 but I'm passionate about making this a lasting lifestyle change. I give it my all at the local Y 6 days a week for at least 90 min and eat between 1200 and 1500 calories a day. Mostly lower carb style of eating. About a month ago I thought that I was going to be free of any problems after 10 years of letting myself go, but little pains have been showing up. Plantar faciitis, runners knee and some pain in the back from bad posture. I hope to make some friends here for encouragement and to give encouragement. Thanks!!!

Replies

• GlamorousGrandmaJo
    Options
    50lbs lost - wow!
    I am only just starting out but please feel free to add me
  • ColleenHollis
    Options
    Yay! It's been so worth it!
  • MountainMamaMarissa
    Options
    Congratulations on your loss! Very inspiring!
  • nguk123
    nguk123 Posts: 223
    Options
    Have you investigated running form? Perhaps minimalist / barefoot running is an option that would help you with your running related complaints...
  • ColleenHollis
    Options
    Thanks for asking :smile: I was in x country in school and I've always dreamed of being able to run again but my form was completely wrong! My footstrike was completely wrong and I wasn't leaning forward at all. No wonder I never won any races! I have been investigating shoes and to be honest the barefoot running scares the ****ens out of me. Right now Asics are the shoe of choice. I have a friend who is 10 years older than me and this fall she ran a 50K foothills frenzy that climbed in elevation around 6000 + ft. Crazy since this was her first race. She completed it in 9 hours. Now that is the perseverance I'm after!
  • nguk123
    nguk123 Posts: 223
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1i5SAYBvCYk

Well, its early days... but so far I enjoy minimalist running myself :-)
  • ColleenHollis
    Options
    I'll ck it out, thanks!