How do you wear a HRM chest strap?

Options
i want to get a heart rate monitor to help me get a better grasp on how much energy I'm expending during exercise. After reading these forums, it seems that so many feel that for best results, a HRM should have a chest strap.

But how do you wear it? Where on the chest. I am a very big-busted woman and am concerned about exercising with something strapped to my chest. Do you wear it over your clothes or under them? Above the breasts, under them, somewhere else? is it uncomfortable to wear when exercising?

I'm just having trouble imagining having something strapped to me while exercising. Any personal experiences with this, would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Replies

• TheConsciousFoody
    TheConsciousFoody Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    It goes on under your clothes and just under the boobs. It doesn't bother me when I'm working out, I don't even notice unless my son makes the strap too tight when he finds it on the table. Then I notice it and have to adjust it lol
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    It goes on under your clothes and just under the boobs. It doesn't bother me when I'm working out, I don't even notice unless my son makes the strap too tight when he finds it on the table. Then I notice it and have to adjust it lol

You have an awesome kid. hahahaha....but thanks for posting. I'm planning on getting the Polar FT7 soon and it comes with a strap.
  • TheConsciousFoody
    TheConsciousFoody Posts: 607 Member
    Options

You have an awesome kid. hahahaha....but thanks for posting. I'm planning on getting the Polar FT7 soon and it comes with a strap.

Yeah he is funny. He is a prankster.
  • Larisonlj
    Larisonlj Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    You wear under the breasts, on bare skin (under clothes) and I don't even notice it its so comfortable. I only had an issue with the watch part when I did kettlebell cleans it would hit the watch. But I solved that by wearing the face of the watch on the inside of my wrist and up a little higher toward my forearm. Otherwise the watch doesn't bother me either.
    Hope this helps!
  • indiaalexis
    indiaalexis Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Everyone else answered you already but I want to add that I LOVE my HRM. It is so essential to know how your body is responding. It is helpful for perceived effort. Some days I feel exhausted but my heart is telling me I can push harder. If I weren't wearing it I would have stopped my workout. On the other hand, my heart rate has told me to back off even when I have felt really good. This is invaluable for not pushing through and getting injured.

Good luck!
  • lovechicagobears
    lovechicagobears Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Mine fits right under my bra strap. I don't even notice it once it's on. The strap is really comfortable, made of soft elastic, and adjusts to fit a large range of sizes. My bra strap was 46" when I started losing weight, and I still had to tighten the strap a bit.
  • newmrsdec10
    newmrsdec10 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Yep, what they said. It's against your bare skin, under the girls. I am 'over-blessed' too and it's no problem. (I'm also using the Polar FT7.) HRM are definitely the way to go to get a more accurate count.
  • csi4us
    csi4us Posts: 74
    Options

This^, you can't even feel it. It's like your wearing a bra without the boob support. I love mine!
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I didn't think i'd like the strap either, but I don't even notice it. I normally lays near my bra strap so I can't really tell a difference. The watch isn't bad either, it's annoying when I try to do yoga and wear it. But otherwise it's nice. I have the polar ft4, I got mine off ebay for a decent price.