Dont buy the cheap kind!

Options
So I asked my husband to bring me home razors, he got the dollar tree $1 type. Just shaved my legs and feels like I took off a layer of skin. My legs are bright red!

This leads me to ask, what product food or otherwise do you hate the cheapo brand of? I also hate rip offs of kraft mac and cheese. Ick

Replies

• mrsmark2010
    Options
    Q tips. the off brand ones are horrid. I might as well use a stick!
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    I agree with you on razors and mac and cheese!!!!

I won't carry a knock off purse, a plain old target store bag is ok if it's cute.
    But I refuse to carry a knock off Coach, I just save up and get the real thing.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    My yogurt has to be Greek goods full fat plain...nothing else will do.
  • DamnImASexyBitch
    DamnImASexyBitch Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I'm very brand specific on EVERYTHING. I don't do generic.
  • Songbird1104
    Songbird1104 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I JUST had this conversation with my mom! How funny. :bigsmile:

** Trash bags: I cheaped out when my husband and I first got married and set up house, and they were so weak that I had to double and triple up just so the bags didn't break when I picked them up!

** Dish soap: no-name brand dish soap just doesn't last. Every two dishes I have to re-soap the sponge.

** Saran wrap: I had no idea that plastic wrap was NOT supposed to infuriatingly stick to itself! Then one day I bought actual Saran-brand plastic wrap, and couldn't believe how cooperative it was!

** Blenders. My wonderful husband got me a Vitamix for Christmas (YAY!), and my crappy old cheapy blender just melted into a shameful little puddle in the shadow of the vastly superior machine.
  • Songbird1104
    Songbird1104 Posts: 210 Member
    Options

I won't carry a knock off purse, a plain old target store bag is ok if it's cute.

Yup. And the quality difference between a knock-off and the real thing is huge.
  • stinkpurty
    Options
    Toilet paper. I do not wish to wipe my *kitten* with sand paper.
  • Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Diapers.:grumble:
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Might be TMI, but pads and tampons. Those store brand tampons are cruel and unusual.
  • banks89202
    Options
    Toilet paper for sure I don't wipe my butt with sand paper or feel like I'm wiping it with my hand ugghhhh gross...somethings you just dont do lol
  • banks89202
    Options
    Might be TMI, but pads and tampons. Those store brand tampons are cruel and unusual.

I agree!! I don't want my va J to hurt with those cardboard things omggggg hurts!!
  • nataliefamily3
    Options
    I agree with everyone! Ooo and paper plates! Hubs manages a dollar tree and brings home their crap constantly
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Deodorant and lotion
  • Nikki31104
    Nikki31104 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Dish soap is a big one for me. I only use Dawn. I have tried others and they don't work.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

Yup. And the quality difference between a knock-off and the real thing is huge.

I attended a conference that had a presentation on Intellectual Property Crime. I really had no clue. It is scary to know where the money is going and what else goes along with it. I won't do knock off.

For me - mac and cheese, real mayo, ketchup. I'm sure there is more.
  • kmoore02
    kmoore02 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Alcohol...can't do bottom shelf and function the next day!
  • LAS_1980
    LAS_1980 Posts: 156
    Options
    Q tips. the off brand ones are horrid. I might as well use a stick!

^^^^^^^THIS!!!!!! ^^^^^^
  • LMT2012
    LMT2012 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Cheap shoes suck, and I always spring for the most expensive paint for the walls.
  • lovelyMYlovely
    lovelyMYlovely Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    yes i hate any cheap brand of cheese/ either cheese or cheese flavored chips or so on.. ew.. yuck.. i hate cheap shampoo and conditioner.... i will never buy that..

other than that I LOVE THE everythings a dollar store!! even there pregnancy tests work.. lol i love the candy and pretty much everything there.. lol...
  • lovelyMYlovely
    lovelyMYlovely Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options

I agree!! I don't want my va J to hurt with those cardboard things omggggg hurts!!
    yes!!!! i had to once use this when i was at my ex's house.. his brothers girlfriend uses the cardboard ones so i tried it for the first time.. ahhh ouch!! i was like wtf when i saw it i had no idea they made cardboard ones... lol.. but i should be grateful because people in africa dont even have tampons.. so... i guess its not so bad.. at least i had some when she offered... i mean i could have used toilet paper.. haha TMI gross..