cant get back on track! :(

Options
for the past 2 weeks i have been eating so unhealthy, eating mcdonalds alot too :( whatever junk food is around i feel i MUST eat it,

i keep telling myself that "tomorrow will be a fresh start" i eat good all morning and a healthy lunch, and then after than it goes down hill from there i eat whatever i can find!

anyone have any hints that can help me get back on track?

Replies

• childermass
    childermass Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    weigh yourself. look at your skin. take note of how sluggish and hungry you are.
    Make a decision to not feel like that any more.

Not easy I know, the first week is balls hard! but it gets way easier after all that -
    good luck!
  • MarshallLuke
    MarshallLuke Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Chalk it up to crap eating on the holidays and grab a new mindset. If setting a specific date helps, New Years is in a few days, so that can be the day you throw out everything crappy in your house. And no, it doesn't matter that you just spent 20 on the really good chocolates, in the trash they go.
    If that isn't motivation enough, pull out the skinny jeans from the back of your closet (we've all got them) put them on and wear them for a day. That uncomfortable, tight-legged feeling you get will go away.
    Also, start running. That was my biggest motivation. When you have fat and you run you go *jiggle jiggle jiggle* with every step and feel embarrassed. The more you run, the less you jiggle, the less you want crappy food that will only make the workout harder.
    Also, get out of the mind set of "I worked out, therefore I deserve this food" or "I can eat this now, I will work out later". Yeah, your body doesn't believe you.
    This is basically everything I told myself as I began. I've lost over 30 pounds on this website and while running. I recently ran a marathon. But I haven't been eating well myself lately, so I came back here and am back to losing weight!
    Good luck!
  • pogereilly
    pogereilly Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Getting started is easy, the hard part is committing to the action. When you wake up "tomorrow", know that this is the tomorrow you were referring to. Then just take it a meal at a time, an hour at a time, a moment at a time. Start with a smart breakfast, know that the 1/2 cup of oatmeal and egg whites will be there just for fuel, not for a treat or a punishment. Its meant to get you through the next three hours. Then onto your mid-morning snack, be it an apple, a protein shake, etc. Its just there to get you through to lunch. Then just keep going. Before you know it, your through the day, and ready to conquer the next day, knowing that today was a success. Then repeat.
  • xF7x
    xF7x Posts: 143
    Options
    judging by your pics... does not seem to me that you should worry too much about m burgers... but at least burn those fat calories.. 30 mins daily at least.. or 30 mins/ m-day
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    When you say "tomorrow i will get back on track", sit down and plan out your whole day of eating for tomorrow. Then when tomorrow comes, stick to your plan. Repeat. Every day.
  • annams76
    annams76 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Reset your goals and remind yourself why you started to begin with. I had a bad couple of days too. I cannot get over being sick and I am fighting the urge for comfort food. Good luck. If you really want to get back on track you have to fight yourself and your urges.