Funny postives of weight loss!

Options
xxnellie146xx
xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
So this morning while making my bed, I had a random thought "My mattress will probably last longer now!". 100 lbs less laying on it every night, is sure to no wear it out as quickly.

What are some random positives of weight loss you can think of?

Replies

• orangekeeper
    orangekeeper Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I must be saving a whack load of cash now because I'm not buying random breakfasts, lunches and snacks at my work. I could easily spend £5-10 per day in work just on food (depending on what was on offer) and that was also having a breakfast before leaving the house and a dinner when I got back home in the evening (And more snacks before bed). I'd probably spend more money on food in a month than anything else...

Like your mattress, there's gotta be other things that'll last longer without the extra weight of most of a person... Petrol etc...
  • xxnellie146xx
    Options
    I feel like I spend more $ buying lots of fruit and vegetables.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Speaking of beds - it'll take less blanket to cover my *kitten*, so I might actually have enough blanket to not freeze my butt off in the middle of the night! :laugh:
  • marias2gaa
    marias2gaa Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Speaking of beds - it'll take less blanket to cover my *kitten*, so I might actually have enough blanket to not freeze my butt off in the middle of the night! :laugh:
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • NanoBear
    Options
    Where do I start?

Ties are easier to tie because I don't have to make them so long to go over a huge belly
    I don't get out of breath ties my shoes because my belly doesn't get squashed while I'm doing it now
    Showers are shorter because I have so much less surface area
    Saving massive amounts of money by having my food planned out instead of on the spot purchases
    I sleep better now because I can't feel the bed base through the mattress
    I'm generally more comfortable because I'm not constantly overheating from carrying too much around
    My adjustable chair stays where it is instead of falling to the lowest position under my weight
    My bike is faster because the tires aren't being squashed as much, so there's less rubber in contact with the road
    I no longer break shipping pallets when I walk on them while carrying 80kg of carrots/potatos/apples/bananas

I'm sure I'll come up with more later.
  • xxnellie146xx
    Options
    Walking into stuff hurts more now that it is less fat cushion :frown:
  • ColleenHollis
    Options
    Lost 50 lbs so far and while I was doing V crunches on the gym floor, I was convinced I was sitting on a rock! It's called a tailbone!
  • summerof1988
    summerof1988 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Lost 50 lbs so far and while I was doing V crunches on the gym floor, I was convinced I was sitting on a rock! It's called a tailbone!

^LOL. Looser clothes.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    pullups are a lot easier
  • NureeniWright
    Options
    Its really strange, no one tells you that you can lose fat in your feet. I've lost about 25kg and half a shoe size.
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Your gunna go broke because you have to buy new clothes constantly cause everything is falling off of you..especially after you JUST bought some new ones!

#benefits of lifting weights! :)
  • xxnellie146xx
    Options

Tailbones are the worse! I need to use a folded blanket to do crunches on otherwise it's too painful!
  • Surfrider
    Surfrider Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Its really strange, no one tells you that you can lose fat in your feet. I've lost about 25kg and half a shoe size.

No kidding. I have the great pair of dress shoes that cant be tightened any further as the laces pull the two sides together until they physically touch now. Sucks because these are no doubt the best quality pair of dress shoes I have ever owned. They still look like new and I refused to waste money on a new pair. Yet, my feet have a lot of play in them and I can easily pull them off without untieing the laces.
  • divacat80
    divacat80 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    OMG!!! What's this lump here?!? OMG! OMG I have...IT'S CANCERRRRRR!!!!!!

Oh wait no, it's just a bone...

I can't tell you how many times this has happened to me, when I felt my tailbone I really, really thought it was a tumor! I completely forgot what it was to have a tailbone (not visible of course!)

Other positives...

No crashing on people's feet when I accidentally stand on them.

Having trouble to shave your armpits if you're a woman

Jeans or pants don't wear out in the inner thigh anymore! (That means like a 200€ more in savings for me)

Falling off the bed because you miscalculated the amount of space you take up now (shouldn't it be the other way around?! Weird me)
    Wearing your wedding ring on your thumb and it stills falls off.

Going down not one, but almost TWO shoe sizes.

Needing boob surgery to put evérything back into place

Spending a lot of money on food like the others said, but with no regrets this time! Everything lean and everything veggie.
    Becoming a better cook

Having people asking for advice from you when you always thought you would never be slimmer than them.

Not having your mother in law critizising you for your fatty a**

Having to buy clothes in the misses' section because the sizes in the women's section look a bit baggy on you.

The weight lifting machines for the upper body now lift your body weight if you put in the wrong amount of weight in the machine, and need help to be safely put on the ground again. ... Yep.

I'm very clumsy, and my feet get sort of tangled or stuck more often now that I weigh less. I fall down a lot more.

Oh! I almost forgot. Those sanitary pads now fit right and you are less prone to 'accidents' while on your period.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options

this. not really a positive though. every chair i sit on now hurts after a while.
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    You can sit on the same side of a boat as your friends.
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    better gas mileage
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I can't sit doing nothing for as long as I used to, for:

a.) I have less fat insulating me and I get cold if I sit still too long

b.) There's less cushioning on mah butt!
  • louiselebeau
    louiselebeau Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    My underwear fell off inside my pants and wadded up. Although a friend of mine had hers fall off completely while she was in a skirt so I guess I was better off with my undie dump.

(to clarify, I have lost 2 sizes but only 5lbs due to this magical stuff called exercise!)
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Baggy-Butt Syndrome... Investment in new underware and jeans. More room in my bathtub. : )