Hello!

Options
My name is Snoof and I've just joined today. I have tried to lose my extra weight before - last year I lost almost 3 stone! But then I put it all back on, silly me.

I am very excited about starting my weight loss journey anew, and am looking forward to using the message boards and also the blog function to help keep track of what does and doesn't work for me :)

Hello!

Replies

• Bleux
    Bleux Posts: 186
    Options
    Hello and welcome. I too just joing a few days ago and must say I have really been enjoying the site. It is nice to give and receive encouragement and join in on some of the challenges. Good luck to you!
  • Stepmom1
    Stepmom1 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Hello!!! That's great!!! I have a coaching site for fitness that can also help you if you want. Here's my coaching website: www.teambeachbody.com/Stepmom1.

Welcome to the boards!!:smile:
  • hollymires
    hollymires Posts: 117
    Options
    Good Morning and WELCOME! This site is awesome and can totally help you along your weight loss journey!
    :smile:
  • snoof
    snoof Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome everyone :D

Last summer I did a tonne of cycling and enjoyed it immensely, I also do EA Sports Active on the Wii (I work very long hours and have two kids so I don't have a lot of time). In 2011 I'm hoping to run the Manchester 10K for Great Ormond Street Hospital. I have big goals!

Now to remind myself I have some little ones, too, so I don't get completely overwhelmed!
  • k_wills
    k_wills Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hi Snoof...this site is great for keeping you focused on what you're eating....although sometimes you can think about food too much!!...I have about the same to lose so add me if you want some extra encouragement.

Karen
  • bjandlm
    bjandlm Posts: 75
    Options
    Hi there, and welcome to MFP. I really have been enjoying this site, and truthfully it really has
    been working for me. It really keeps me accountable for the food I am eating, and its nice
    to track my exercise. Just be patient and keep with it. :smile:
  • Bleux
    Options
    In 2011 I'm hoping to run the Manchester 10K for Great Ormond Street Hospital. I have big goals!

I just started the C25K program and would love to follow it with a 10K. I will have to look this up and perhaps join you in that! Always good to have a goal to work toward. When is the run in 2011?
  • snoof
    snoof Posts: 3
    Options
    I haven't the faintest idea, I didn't think they set a date until this year's is over! We should run together when it happens :)

I'm terribly bad at running though, and I plan to do the couch to 10k... Just need to lose a little bit so I get confident enough to exercise outdoors (I stopped cycling after getting cat-called by 3 different groups of people on the same 5k ride, at this point I'd only gained a fairly respectable 5lbs back whilst getting married and on a two-week honeymoon, I then lost all my confidence and fell truly off the wagon!).

When I first went on my weight loss journey in January of 2009, my youngest son was 6 months old and I would go for long walks with him strapped to my chest - that did miracles! But he's 21 months old now, so not really strappable so much as strapping!
  • Bleux
    Options
    I hate running to. That is why I am trying out the C25K. I mostly use the Eliptical or stair climber for my cardio. But I would really like to like running. I would love to have a buddy to run with at a race, so depending on when it is next year, we will definetly keep in touch about it. C25K is only a 9 week program so I should have time to make it up to 10k before the race. I would love to run the New Years Eve run of the 10k rather than "just" the 5k, but we'll see how it goes :-). I just got the Nike + iPod accessorie and it is fab! Tracks everything as well as plays the C25K podcast while I am running (you don't need the Nike shoes, any shoes will work). It too has a 5k, 10k, half marathon, and marathon training program. I look forward to trying them all out! Eventually.

Happy Running