Feeling a little stagnant.. need some encouragement!

Options
Hey everyone! So I've made some decent progress this year to my goal, and I'm around 15-20 pounds away from I want to be..

Usually don't feel too bad about cheat days here and there but there's been so many holiday events going on! Lol.. I think I've gained 2-3 pounds (might just be water weight)..

But also I feel like I'm slowing down my weight loss/ and I keep having to remind myself that this is a lifestyle, that the rest of the weight will come off slowly but surely.

I mean, I love pushing myself but I also just wish I was at the finish line and can just concentrate on maintenance lol.

Anyways.. any advice on getting over this mental hump? Just want to keep myself excited!

Replies

• Weebs628
    Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I've heard that maintenance can also be a struggle. I'm a little afraid of transitioning into that. Try to savor the small things and the non-scale victories like your clothes fitting better or small changes that are happening with your body. Keeps me motivated.
  • SalishSea
    SalishSea Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    It is hard to stay motivated. Some days are easier than others. What helps me is thinking how happy I am being thinner. And how much better I look in clothes. And honestly, (this is a little revealing of my dark side!) if I really need motivation I get on Facebook and look at my beautiful friends photos. I don't want to be the fat, ugly, double-chinned one! Hey, I'm human and friends photos on Facebook helps!

Plus, being healthy means a lot. Overweight is not healthy.
  • imwithgizmo
    imwithgizmo Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you! I have about 25 to go, and this month has been tough! I know what you mean about wanting to just be there, and starting maintenance.

But here's a way to look at it... I (and maybe you too) have wanted to just be "normal" again. Well, isn't this fairly normal? People often indulge over the Holidays, and some even gain a little. Then they go back to how they usually eat, and the weight comes off. I know lots of people who do this, and they aren't overly worried about it. It's normal for them.

Anyway, it helped me go easier on myself. I haven't gained, but I have not lost any more either. I allowed myself some indulgences, but not too much. I'm already back on track, and looking to add to my workouts. Maybe you will benefit from shaking up your workout. And set goals! Goals were something I never bothered with, sadly. Now I'm having fun meeting goals, and seeing the importance of having them!

Happy New Year to you, and I wish you the best health and happiness!