I need to lose 2 stone!

Options
Hiya all!

I'm here to help me lose 2 stone! I am currently 12 stone and would like to get down to 10 stone (not been there for a couple of years!) and feel like me again!

I have arthritis and with the extra weight really feeling the strain!

If anyone knows of any foods I should be avoiding with arthritis please let me know!

Kathy :-)

Replies

• Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    You're in the right place! Good luck x
  • kjgaler
    Options
    Thanks! And good luck to you too! x
  • kitjos
    kitjos Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and the start o your weight loss :wink:

I lost 2.5 stone while being on MFP within about 9 months. I now have to do it all over again due to having a baby but im determind to hit my GW of 10st 7lbs again. Cant help you on the arthritis front but maybe others will. All the best! x
  • kjgaler
    Options
    Hi kitjos!

Thanks for the post!

Aww, well its understandable that you have gained some weight after a baby! I dont have any other reason that being lazy and eating the wrong things!

No worries re the arthritis!

All the best to you too! x
  • IbiH
    IbiH Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2", when I started in January 2012 I weighed 160lbs almost a year on I'm now 120lbs.
    It's been a slow and steady process but I'm happy where I am now.

Feel free to add me.
  • kjgaler
    Options
    Hi IBiH!

Wow thats great! Well done!

Will add you in a sec!
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Two stone is definitely do-able! I lost just over 4 last year with MFP. Glad you found my post on the other thread useful! I don't know too much about nutrition for arthritis (although I think I've heard that some people try to follow an anti-inflammatory diet). If you don't get any good answers here, it might be worth starting a new topic in the Food & Nutrition section with "arthritis" in the topic title - may attract some people who are more in the know!
  • kjgaler
    Options
    I hope so! Wow 4 stone thats fab, well done!

Yes defo did find it useful!

Great idea about starting a new topic too! Will do that a bit later as just of out now!

Thanks again! :-)
  • lrn_krby
    lrn_krby Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, I want to get down to 10st too! I've sent you a request, hopefully we can motivate each other!
  • leedan57
    Options
    what is a stone? Sorry i am 60 and do not understand but i do wnat to lose weight
  • DuncanUK64
    Options
    what is a stone?

14 lbs.
  • annepage
    annepage Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    what is a stone? Sorry i am 60 and do not understand but i do wnat to lose weight

1 stone= 14 lbs
    1 kg = 2.2 lbs