Hello, I'm Victoria!

Options
Hello everyone! My cousin told me about this site and I have just set my profile up. Since I am new and do not know much about the site yet, I would love to meet some new people to add to help me with some some diet tips, advice, and friends to keep me motivated! A little background information: I am currently the heaviest that I have ever been. I have been diagnosed with hypothyroidism, making it very difficult for me to keep off any weight that I lose. Initially, I am usually very motivated; however, that usually goes south very quickly! I do have the support of my friends and family; however, I feel as if when I tell them that I am going to diet they do not really believe me since I have been on and off diets for so long with little to no success. Therefore, I try not to clue them in very much. I am hoping that if I am able to talk to people facing the same struggles that I am, it may make it easier for me to stick to my diet. If anyone would like to add me, feel free! We are all in this together and I truly look forward to getting to know some of you.
Thanks for reading,
Victoria :]

Replies

• vorgas
    vorgas Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Don't diet then :) Just change your lifestyle and the way you look at food! Lol. Best of luck to ya!
  • judechalmers
    judechalmers Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi Victoria - I too am new to here but already ,this morning ,i have such a welcome from existing members .I too usually lack motivation very quickly but am hoping that with this fantastic support we can achieve - good luck
  • LiveYourLife163
    Options
    Vorgas, it was not my intention to make that sound like I did NOT want to diet; really, I do. It's just tough for me to stick to! Hopefully this time will be better, thanks for the request :]

Hey Jude, good I'm glad! I hope the same will happen for me :] Good luck to you also!
  • skubi00
    Options
    Time & Mind is the best advice I can give anyone who is setting out on a new journey. Weight loss is definitely a journey. I say time is important because you shouldn't be in a rush to lose weight. We set goals for ourselves, and that's ok, but like the other reader suggested, make it your lifestyle. Also, challenging yourself, helps you mentally, if you want to go to the extremes of giving up certain foods you can, it's all mental. However, you don't have to do that, just keep remember to take your time, most likely you aren't going anywhere, so don't be in a rush to lose the weight, and lastly prepare yourself mentally for the weight loss rather it be going to the gym or denying certain foods or food portions, just enjoy life while you're doing it. :)
  • leedan57
    Options
    i do need to work on portions i do eat what is in my home and there is to much as i take care of my mom and ny granddaughter and my husband. I am bad about eating left overs and everthing i do not want to trow out so i need all the help i can get.
  • rsharper97
    rsharper97 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I have some of the similiar problems, great motivation in the beginning but start to fall off the wagon after a while. I have been on this site for almost a month and have been logging on every day. Feel free to add me and I will encourage you any way I can!
  • justtodayjen333
    justtodayjen333 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Don't diet then :) Just change your lifestyle and the way you look at food! Lol. Best of luck to ya!

As I look at my own challenges, I DON"T want to diet! When I look at this as a diet, I can't do it! Because it's too restrictive and just not fun! So I AM NOT going to diet! Don't look at it that way! Change the way you look at it -- and you can make it happen! Not easy, but it is doable. For me, there is no more "falling off the wagon" or "starting again." It's all about keeping going and continuing and doing the work today! I'm soooo far from perfect, but I'm going to keep going!!! Good luck to you! MFP is a great place to be!