New to the site and needing motivation!

Options
Hello everyone! My cousin told me about this site and I have just set my profile up. Since I am new and do not know much about the site yet, I would love to meet some new people to add to help me with some some diet tips, advice, and friends to keep me motivated! A little background information: I am currently the heaviest that I have ever been. I have been diagnosed with hypothyroidism, making it very difficult for me to keep off any weight that I lose. Initially, I am usually very motivated; however, that usually goes south very quickly! I do have the support of my friends and family; however, I feel as if when I tell them that I am going to diet they do not really believe me since I have been on and off diets for so long with little to no success. Therefore, I try not to clue them in very much. I am hoping that if I am able to talk to people facing the same struggles that I am, it may make it easier for me to stick to my diet. If anyone would like to add me, feel free! We are all in this together and I truly look forward to getting to know some of you.
Thanks for reading,
Victoria :]

Replies

• Staffygirl88
    Staffygirl88 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    hi and welcome :) x
  • Darcellerice
    Options
    Hello! I too struggle with weight gain and over eating! I am the heaviest that i have been in 8 years! I have got to stop eating so much! I exercise and i even like exercising, I also love to cook. Your story sounds like mine! I am happy to join your post! Let's get back on track and win this fight!
  • lovediets
    lovediets Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Welcome to mfp!! This site has helped me so much! Even though I have lost and then gained back some of the weight, I knew that this works, and you can always come back!

We are here for you! Be sure and track your food and exercise every day. I have learned from other mfp members that even when you eat more than you should, it really helps to log it, even if it means going over your goal.

Wishing you a successful weight loss journey.
    Jean from Iowa
  • OddballExtreme
    OddballExtreme Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Hey, welcome aboard! I've also had great help with this site, keeping track of the foods I eat and everything. If you need a friend, send a request, I'll take it!

And don't worry, I am NOT the food or exercise police. I believe in the "whatever works for you" method, basically meaning if something's working your way, stick to it. Don't change your methods because of someone else.

I've lost 17 pounds since I joined in June, but I've lost almost 50 since January and 60 since being at my heaviest two years ago!
  • dazza_098
    dazza_098 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me :) that goes for anybody
  • DonnaLeeCattes
    DonnaLeeCattes Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Welcome :) I have a thyroid that doesn't work anymore and I didn't think I could loose weight. But I have lost 54 here plus 10 before here, so I have lost 64 lbs since July 2012 :) It can be done, one thing you need to not say is; your on a diet. Because your not, your on a new way of living, It will change you and it will make you stronger. YOU can do this!!!! Have faith in yourself, and when it feels like it's to hard...DON'T STOP!!! I'm sure you are an amazing woman.