Pear Shaped Girls?

Options
Hey guys, I'm pear shaped and I dont have the hourglass figure that i feel i could have. I need to lose weight and make my waist narrower,my waist is 30 inches! thats HUGE. I am 5'6 and 158 lbs. Has anyone else (pear shaped) been able to whittle down her waist? How did you do it and how long did it take?

Replies

• aliciab307
    aliciab307 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Not sure how accurate this is but guess I'm pear shaped! 36/28/44. I'm 180 and 5'7, and my waist was probably greater than 32/33 inches in the beginning. SW was 234 and my ultimate goal I believe will be 155-160. You are already small, maybe you could do some cardio exercises and weight lifting?? I did cardio throughout the majority of my journey and just recently began doing some weight lifting. My stomach was the first time reduce, still have some work to do though. Hope this helps

I'm reading the Women's Health Perfect Body Diet and it says:

"What Kind of Fruit Are You? Take your waist-to-hip ratio by wrapping a flexible measuring tape around your waist right at the belly button. Then measure around your hips at the largst part of your butt. Divide your waist measurement by your hip measurement. If this ratio is less than 0.80 you're a Pear. If it's above 0.85 you're an Apple. If it's in between you're an Avacado. BUT... if your waist-to-hip ratio is between 0.80 and 0.85, but total body fat and weight are much lower than an average Avacado's, then you're a Banana."
  • Livingdeadgirl44
    Livingdeadgirl44 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    What are avacardo and banana shapes?! I get pear and apple but surely an avacardo is roundish like an apple?

Anyway I'm a pear shape 34/33/42, the waist has never seemed like the problem because all the attention is taken by my huge *kitten* :p I'd love to have an hourglass figure but I don't think I ever will as when I lose weight it goes from my boobs first.
  • lmcgrad
    Options
    Not sure how accurate this is but guess I'm pear shaped! 36/28/44. I'm 180 and 5'7, and my waist was probably greater than 32/33 inches in the beginning. SW was 234 and my ultimate goal I believe will be 155-160. You are already small, maybe you could do some cardio exercises and weight lifting?? I did cardio throughout the majority of my journey and just recently began doing some weight lifting. My stomach was the first time reduce, still have some work to do though. Hope this helps

Aw you're so sweet! I am almost overweight though and at 31.1% body fat:(not what id call small,but i mean not huge) haha but thank you! I will try weight lifting. What kind of lifting did you do?Like hand weights or like big weights?
  • lmcgrad
    Options

Aw you're so sweet! I am almost overweight though and at 31.1% body fat:(not what id call small,but i mean not huge) haha but thank you! I will try weight lifting. What kind of lifting did you do?Like hand weights or like big weights?
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I don't think 30" is HUGE. Yeah, I'm sure you could probably take off a couple of inches but 30 isn't huge IMO.
  • new2canada
    new2canada Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm a complete pear, I carry all my weight in my hips...it's so annoying! A year ago I was very tiny...maybe 105 lbs...I've since gained about 30 - 35 lbs but when I was that weight my waist was really skinny! I would wear belts and it would accentuate that, I also had small hips so I know it IS possible.

The way I lost that weight was by exercising for 40 mins or more every day and eating about 800 calories. It probably took me a little over a year to achieve that.

Now here I am again trying to start over :(
  • aliciab307
    aliciab307 Posts: 370 Member
    Options

Right now I'm keeping it simple. Using free weights. Not sure what the names of the proper workout is. I do curls, lateral raises, tricep curls. these three exercises mainly focuses on my tricep, bicep, and deltoid. Yea I understand, I'm overweight also, and have 31% bf like you.
  • YearsWorthOfFAT
    Options
    I'm a pear and i really don't like it, i secretly just wish to have a small butt and skinny legs.
  • letjog
    letjog Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I'm a complete pear, I carry all my weight in my hips...it's so annoying! A year ago I was very tiny...maybe 105 lbs...I've since gained about 30 - 35 lbs but when I was that weight my waist was really skinny! I would wear belts and it would accentuate that, I also had small hips so I know it IS possible.

The way I lost that weight was by exercising for 40 mins or more every day and eating about 800 calories. It probably took me a little over a year to achieve that.

Now here I am again trying to start over :(

Not healthy.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    whittling makes me think of wood.

weight train.
    calorie deficit
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I'm a pear(big hips and *kitten*, but small waist and boobs) and I lost my weight by following this site, weight training and doing cardio.

Not exactly sure of my measurements, but I started at 180, currently sit at about 150 and wear between a 4 and a 6.. and I started at a 10/12.
  • rio66
    rio66 Posts: 49
    Options
    Hey I'm pear shaped when I put on weight. When I lose weight on my tummy, thighs and butt I even out to an hourglass.
  • i am a pear shape. I love it then hate it at the same time hahah

I wear body shaper tanks alot. it gives me a nice hour glass figure. but I just wish my hips, thighs and butt were small but I think that will just take time.