Dont buy the cheap kind!

Options

Replies

• Changing_Charity
    Changing_Charity Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Diapers.:grumble:

I've heard this can vary from child to child. When I worked in childcare, I liked the Target brand best.

my daughter could never wear the generic brand of diapers...walmart, target, etc. made her break out in a rash. huggies worked great! luvs leaked :(
  • BossReyes
    BossReyes Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Toilet paper and gas for my car.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Toilet paper. I do not wish to wipe my *kitten* with sand paper.

hate when restaurants have cheap toilet paper. if I know they do, ill take their cloth napkins with me.

Ew :sick: What cave did you grow up in??
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Ketchup
    Apple juice
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    yes!!!! i had to once use this when i was at my ex's house.. his brothers girlfriend uses the cardboard ones so i tried it for the first time.. ahhh ouch!! i was like wtf when i saw it i had no idea they made cardboard ones... lol.. but i should be grateful because people in africa dont even have tampons.. so... i guess its not so bad.. at least i had some when she offered... i mean i could have used toilet paper.. haha TMI gross..

Yeah, no.we really do have sanpro, even in darkest Africa.....
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Buy him a Gillette. Then he will know.
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    We recently had a Bottom Dollar market open in a very convenient location. There are some brand things I won't give up - razors, tissues, hair products, etc. But I have been pleasantly surprised by some of their generic stuff: dairy products, salsa, hand soap, nuts, jelly and even paper towels - they have one which is supposed to rival Bounty. It doesn't, but still works well. I am glad I have Amazon for a lot of my personal stuff. I can get my high maintenance brand name stuff (coffee!!) shipped to my door and most of the time prices are good.
  • ReachingNEON
    ReachingNEON Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I don't know what kind of store YALL go too..but some "generic" things are better than what the expensive brand has...I ain't gonna complain about mac 'n cheese, because if you love mac 'n cheese you learn to love the others..I mean it is also how you make it..if you don't follow directions of COURSE it is going to be yuck!! The only thing I can't stand is Dollar Store Q-Tips..they piss me off..you put them in your ear and the cotton falls off and all you have is the stick. I <3 MAC 'N CHEESE!! lol
  • Spokez70
    Spokez70 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Bikes, shoes
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Tools, T-Shirts, Chocolates, Meat, Electronics
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Alcohol...can't do bottom shelf and function the next day!

This. I do not do specials, ladies night, or half priced drinks because I don't want to drink rubbing alcohol. I drink to enjoy myself, not get plastered as quickly and cheaply as possible.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Deodorant - good stuff is expensive but the cheap stuff smells like cheap soap spray!

Socks - if I buy the $1 socks, I put holes in them within a week.

Coffee - It has to be international roast for me & hubs.
    I disagree...arrid is cheap and it works the best for me!

I use arrid as my #2 if lady speed stick gel isn't on the shelf. Both are almost the same price +-.50
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I always buy the cheap kind because I'm just kind of poor. But I do agree about razors. I bought some genetic razors that became rusted after one use. Eventually it cost me more than it would have if I bought the regular ones.
  • AmandaTheNewMe
    AmandaTheNewMe Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Cheap condoms, why take the chance.
  • amber1533
    amber1533 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Dish soap is one of mine. Also Miracle Whip (regardless if your a mayo or MW fan--I have to get the real thing) And cheese I recently bought low fat walmart cheese and it was probably the worse thing I'd eaten in a while. I like to buy the block and just shave it from that..
  • Dymatized
    Options
    I'm surprised no one said cheap generic supplements! GNC you listening?
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    My husband works for Kroger, so we cash in on his benefit of a 10% discount on their brands all the time, but there are certain things that I will not compromise on:

TP
    Body Wash
    Razors
    Laundry products
    Q-Tips
    Meats
    Dish soap
    Coffee
    Ketchup
    bathroom & kitchen cleaners
    Swiffer pads

That's just off the top of my head ...
  • AnnabellKE
    AnnabellKE Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Might be TMI, but pads and tampons. Those store brand tampons are cruel and unusual.

I agree!! I don't want my va J to hurt with those cardboard things omggggg hurts!!
    yes!!!! i had to once use this when i was at my ex's house.. his brothers girlfriend uses the cardboard ones so i tried it for the first time.. ahhh ouch!! i was like wtf when i saw it i had no idea they made cardboard ones... lol.. but i should be grateful because people in africa dont even have tampons.. so... i guess its not so bad.. at least i had some when she offered... i mean i could have used toilet paper.. haha TMI gross..

Umm...I'm in Africa and just so you know, we do have tampons. It'd be nice if you'd find out for sure before making blanket statements like that :)
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

But I refuse to carry a knock off Coach, I just save up and get the real thing.

I never understood the appeal of a Coach purse. And then my boyfriend told me they have a lifetime/free replacement warranty - and excellent customer service regarding their product. I'm not one to spend money on purses, but I can understand why Coach is such an appealing brand now.
  • jls341
    jls341 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Ketchup! Heinz only.