Why do you love your kids? Lets brag

Options
I often find myself complaining about the struggles of being a single mother, about the struggles of raising a very spirited three year old boy. I sometimes forget to brag a little, honestly there is so much more to be grateful for and proud of. I figured I'm probably not the only one.

So here's my top two things I love about my son right now:

1) This morning as I put his egg sandwich in front of him he yelled "Thank you for making egg sandwiches!! I love egg sandwiches!!" (Which, incidentally, is contrary to what he told me earlier this week, but hey, I'll take it!)

2) At the swimming pool yesterday, he all of a sudden put together what he's learned in swimming lessons the last 5 months and was swimming 15-20 yards in deep water without help!! I was sooo happy for him and he was so proud of himself.

What do you love about your kids??

Replies

• Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    I love them becaue they are mine,flawed, warts and all.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    lol I love that about the egg. They make you feel like a total rock star sometimes.

If I go out for a while, I love the fan club style welcome that I get when I get home. Mommy! It's Mommy!! Mommy is home!!

I have two little boys, 6 and 2.

I love my 6 year old because he's so witty. He has a very snappy sense of humor and is so quick witted. Sometimes he gets into a little bit of trouble for being a smart mouth but it's hard to punish him because he's just so damn funny. He's very passionate about his interests and a super smart kid. He really is just a complete joy to be around and a super fun, excitable kid.

My two year old is my love bug. He is so sweet and affectionate. He always says "You pick me up?" and them after you do, buries his face in your neck and goes "I wike you. You wike me?" Yes, I wike you. He's also a crazy-good talker and says the funniest things. He loves animals and is always pretending to be some animal. This morning, he's a leopard. He tries to be very sly and sneaky but he's just too nice to really do anything horrible. He's as stubborn as a mule sometimes but the kid knows what he likes and what he doesn't.

I've been a stay at home for over a year now and while we have some super, super frustrating days (we homeschool, too), I'm trying to enjoy them in this phase of their lives. They really are neat little people.
  • KimBeron
    KimBeron Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Love everything about my kids, I will take the good, the bad, the funny and the stressful days anytime. After losing my 20 year old daughter 5 years ago, I have learned that I would take every moment back because I miss them like crazy. Enjoy every moment....I know that now I see things a lot differently with my son.
  • Fit_Vixen1
    Options
    I love everything about my kiddos. I love the fact that my son is a 6'3" (just turned 14!) giant, but hate the fact that girls think he's older!!! I love that he's pretty much a genious!!! I've never had to help him with his homework!!!!! He'll be graduating 8th grade this year with HS credits!!!
    I love the fact that my daughter has the biggest dream & drive to become a star one day!!! She's 11 and a great singer!!! I love that it's her dream & nobody pushes her!!! I love that she stands up to bullies!!! I love her kind heart & her innocent nature.

I love that they are mine & will always be my babies <3
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    I love every aspect of being a father to my 4-1/2 year old identical twin boys. Do I sometimes want to throttle them? Of course. But, generally, they are the coolest, nicest, brightest little boys that a father could ask for!
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    They are half me, what's not to love?
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    I love my three wonderful Children because to me they are perfect, they are the worst and the best, the most annoying and the most wonderful, the most naughty and the most angelic, the most attractive and the most unpleasant, the kindest and meanest people I know and when our world fell apart they were there for me and each other, life has been pretty unfair to them at times but they are awesome, strong amazing people and I am so proud of them I am sitting here crying typing this. To me there are no better people in this world.

32387_10151148132158953_1299692376_n.jpg

419778_10151632467245413_1037285340_n.jpg

and finally

230213_10152559999855413_1490362665_n.jpg
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Eeeeeks, I LOVE my babies!! (OK, so they aren't babies anymore. Whatevs.)

My older son is 19, in college to become a video game designer, is sensitive, sarcastic, and so so talented. He draws things like this:

g_drawing_2.png

My younger son is 12, and loves the arts and music. He's been in several commercials and movies. Most recently he was an extra in the movie Ted, and will be starring in a music video that is coming out in February, and will be promoted by Converse. He also performs (along with me) and volunteers with several local bands in our area, dressing up in crazy costumes and just having a fantastic time. Plus a certain relatively famous rock star knows him by name, which I think is pretty darn cool. :)

1324235690725.jpg

1324235728334.jpg
  • FightingforFit82
    Options
    I love so much about them. I honestly am Sooooo Blessed. I can't imagine my life without them. All of them are so caring and concerned about others :)

My 9yr old boy.....He has such a sweet heart. He is so helpful and cares Sooo much about others. He is always the first to offer to help those in need or whom are hurting. He is an Amazing big brother.

My 6yr old boy.....He cracks me up. He is so funny and outgoing. He is very smart and LOVES to learn. He also has a very caring sweet heart. He loves everyone.

My 4yr old boy......He is my Love bug. He loves to snuggle and cuddle. He's a Mama's boy but not crazy. He always wants to make sure I'm ok. He loves to help clean and sweep. I love that he is so helpful.

My 3yr old Daughter.....She is a Spitfire!!!!! She has the Most Amazing eyes and is such a Beauty. She is very smart and loves to learn as well. She loves to sing, dance and play dress up. She is FULL of energy. She also has a very sweet and caring side.
  • tobejune
    tobejune Posts: 177
    Options
    It was so fun to read all the replies. I love hearing what people are proud of :)
  • tobejune
    tobejune Posts: 177
    Options
    aww, they sound soo sweet! "I wike you"-- love that!!
  • Dynam1teDyna
    Options
    I don't have any kids, but I have a dog. I love my dog because when we do our quarter of a mile walk she keeps me jogging despite the fact that she is 63 years old, dog years.
  • janahcarter
    janahcarter Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I love that when I'm getting ready, my 2 year old will say, "Mommy, you look boo-tiful!" I also love when I give him his breakfast, lunch and dinner, he screams "Tank you, Mommy!" But what I love most is when I'm crying, he will put his little arms around me, look me in the eyes and say "Mommy, don't cry. I love you." Melts my heart everytime!
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I love them because I believe they CHOSE me out of all the other mothers!!
  • hanniejong
    hanniejong Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Why do I love my kids, that's easy, because they are mine, I raised them and they have turned into awesome young adults.
  • MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I love the fact that they have grown to be wonderful adults and good friends. They still call just to talk or ask advice. They are good people. I love that about them. (I also love the fact that they are out of the house! Empty nest is a wonderful thing! )
  • hanniejong
    hanniejong Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I don't have any kids, but I have a dog. I love my dog because when we do our quarter of a mile walk she keeps me jogging despite the fact that she is 63 years old, dog years.

That is just the best, there is a special bond that will never be broken.
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    I have two beautiful intelligent daughters. They love their mother and talk to her nearly every day. For all their college degrees and accomplishments, the fact that their mother is probably their best friend and they see us frequently, makes them two very special ladies. I'll love them 'til the day I die, and beyond. I thank God for them.
  • runzalot81
    runzalot81 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I love my son because he makes my heart go pitty-pat.
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    Oh, there's a couple of grandsons that love their "paw-paw", too.