Getting married

Options
I am getting married in May 2013 and would like to lose another 20 lbs at least. I have been slacking off recently and not exercising the way I need to. I am hoping the couple groups I have joined starting in January will give me the a** whoopin I need. This is my second wedding and we are both widowed, but have been together for 8 years.

Replies

• whittlelauraann
    Options
    Congrats! I'm recently engaged and want to lose another 20 lbs by May too however we haven't set a date yet I just want to be at my first goal weight after being at it for a year.... Which will be in May.
  • rachledezjones
    rachledezjones Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married Dec 2013 and want to drop another dress size (so maybe another 21 lbs) by then. I know that I can do it, I just need to make sure I stay motivated despite it seeming like so long!
  • bdamaster60
    bdamaster60 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    congratulations!
  • CLSeeley
    CLSeeley Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I was married 11-11-11. It has been a great journey. I lost 24 lbs before I met my husband, then we got together, and I gained 20 lbs back. I have since lost all that, I guess what I'm getting at is lose it for yourself, not a wedding. Thats a goal, but make sure its for the right reasons, not so you can get into a smaller dress. I'm am so proud of all your hard work, and I understand that you get tired..I did, but as of today, I'm back. So, I will help push you to your goals, hoping you will continue after the wedding to maintain the success you have achieved so far. We can do this and keep it off..together!,!,!,
  • rubixcyoob
    Options
    I'm getting married July 2014, and although it is a long way away I want to lose another 7ish lbs before March (or even just the inches and not so many lbs), before I wedding dress shop.
    I'm hoping to lose another 14-21ish lbs (leaving me between 126 - 119lbs, I'll decide what I'm comfortable at once I get there), although if the weight doesn't drop much but the inches do then so be it, before the wedding. I want to get there by Aug/Sept this year so that I have just under a year to get maintaining right and get me into a routine where I won't be worried about small gains etc.
  • eAddict
    eAddict Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I am hoping the couple groups I have joined starting in January will give me the a** whoopin I need. /quote]You are going to find out only you can do that for yourself. How important is the weight loss to YOU. Sorry to sound like an AA person but it is close to the same behavior/responsibility/awareness.

Congratulation and I wish you the best and hope you can find the motivation to make yourself do what you want to do.
  • jkcrawford
    jkcrawford Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the nice comments, and just to put it out there, this is MY journey and I will continue it after the wedding. I just want to be a size smaller for the wedding. I am far from done here I love this site, so I'm sticking around. My MFP's have been a great inspiration and their motivation is what keeps me going.
    Thank you all.
  • jkcrawford
    jkcrawford Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I am hoping the couple groups I have joined starting in January will give me the a** whoopin I need. /quote]You are going to find out only you can do that for yourself. How important is the weight loss to YOU. Sorry to sound like an AA person but it is close to the same behavior/responsibility/awareness.

Congratulation and I wish you the best and hope you can find the motivation to make yourself do what you want to do.

I don't think you are an AA. I know I am the only one that can make the changes, but when my body hurts most days due to arthritis, sometimes a push is what I need. I understand what you are saying about responsibility/ awareness, but until you walk a day in my shoes you will never understand what I go through. Everyone's life is different and we are here for many different reasons, and sometimes we just need a friendly word, or a little nudge. If we could all do this without tracking food/exercise we would not need this site for further motivation.