Xbox Kinect Fitness Games

Options
Hello
We picked up and xbox with Kinect last night. Can anyone recommend any good fitness games? I saw the ufc training game, zumba rush and zumba core, and someothers. I'm not into sports games like the had on the Wii. The xbox cane with the Kinect adventures. I need something to use when i don't feel like going to the gym.
Thanks
Kayla

Replies

• Stefanie7125
    Stefanie7125 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    utilize the adventures game. It will get you moving. I also use the dance games.
  • Pixie8504
    Pixie8504 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I enjoy Zumba core and UFC
  • shazzafly
    shazzafly Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    xBOX SPORTS 1 AND TWO AND YOU CAN DOWNLOAD CALORIE COUNTER ON KINECT CENTRAL ON XBOX
  • jahall76
    jahall76 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    My kids got the Just Dance for Christmas and we've all had so much fun. It's a great calorie burn for the entire family. I wore my HRM and was really surprised at all the calories burned for having so much fun! It a nice change from the gym for me.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    utilize the adventures game. It will get you moving. I also use the dance games.

This! Rallyball and River Rafting are fun and a good starting workout. You can even add some handweights, dancing, and running in place between rounds. If you really want to be silly do like I did when I started and dance through River Rafting, too. It will wear you out!
  • Kayla2284
    Kayla2284 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies everyone. I ended up getting Fitness Evolved 2012. It has such a nice variety. I get bored easily and give up for that reason. But in a half hour i did boot camp, bollywood dancing, block breaking, crunches, and jump rope. I think the calories are way understated though. I did 8 minutes of boot camp and only burned 9 calories, but a minute of block breaking got me 20? Also, my husband burned more calories that me in our first go of boot camp by simply laying on the ground saying he was dying! :)

My husband played the Adventure game to show my parents what a Kinect was and it does look like a lot of fun, i like that it takes your picture haha. I tried getting him to get dance central, but he wouldn't. After playing the adventure game, he wants it.
  • Molly08
    Molly08 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    The biggest loser is a good game. You do a fitness level test and work from there. I'm pretty out of shape and substantially overweight so I'm only on moderate. Kicks my but though. There are 2 or 3 levels above that. So good for many fitness levels!
  • loopylass1986
    loopylass1986 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    UFC trainer is my fave and i do the dance games with my daughter :)
  • tiffanyjane71
    tiffanyjane71 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Ive just purchased the Zumba core, so much fun, couldnt stop laughing at my self though. Ive just purchsed fitness evolved 2012 and deepak chopras leela haveent tried them out yet so looking foward to that
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    my hubby just got nike training club which he really enjoys! means i can go out for my run in peace! lol
  • Glitterpisser
    Options
    Hey! i do zumba rush and love it! its perfect for beginners and u can change the intensity of the classes and length too, dance central has workout mode with calorie counter and my bf has the ufc think ill give it a go and tell u how i get on lol enjoy ur kinect!
  • quest4fit3
    quest4fit3 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I just go the Nike+ Kinect program yesterday and am loving it so far. My co-worker and I both got it and both really enjoy it. If you go on Amazon.com and read the reviews, I think you will see that this seems to be the best workout related program for Xbox you can find, at least for now.

Here's the link!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002I0H27E/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=donkitchencom-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B002I0H27E
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2012. Loads of fun, tonnes of variety, ability to set your own goals and it's pretty responsive too. Tailored programmes for whatever you want to achieve, and the trainers aren't annoying.
    Don't get the previous Fitness Evolved title, it's okay but 2012 is a massive improvement.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    The block breaking is totally my favourite. Their calorie burns are total lies, though, I could burn like 400-500 cal in an hour session when I was at 220lbs (using an HRM).