Sick & Tired

Options
I am sick and tired. Literally and figuratively.

today i woke up feeling achy and weak. A little nauseated, bad headache, sore throat... typical winter cold.

But it is more than that. I feel empty. Unmotivated. But a weird unmotivated because I WANT TO BE HEALTHY & to look beautiful and feel comfortable in my own skin. I do not feel good looking at myself. Seeing where I've brought myself. I feel sad. I've made myself into this ugly shell of who I real am.

I have friends and loved ones that mean well.. but their words either hurt, or I just say "i know".

I get frustrated. I try to modify diet and get no real results. Combine it with exercise and see no more than a 5lb loss. After about a month I lose the motivation.. :( I know it will take a while and hard work. But its cyclicle. Lose 5 lbs.. month goes by.. lose nothing else or even gain. then I give up. Then I'll try again... etc etc.

I saw my reflection this morning and it hit more than usual. Maybe its because I'm sick.. but I really looked bad. the fat under my chin, my puffy face, no glow to me at all. I have back fat.. never had that. I have upper stomach fat and not just the lower tummy that I've always had. MY arms are flabby and huge..

I've always had image issues, but now.. its 100x worse. Living at home with my skinny 100% Italian mother does not help. She means well, i know she does but.. yelling at me to work out or eat right just doesnt work.

Not sure what to do. I just feel BLAH all the time. I don't look for pity or boohoos. I'm just expressing my feelings. I know I'm not the only one & that people have it way worse... but I don't know. I know this is my low point. & I hate myself for it.

I know the answer is to suck it up and change it. There lies the problem.

Replies

• TropicalFlowerz
    TropicalFlowerz Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    heres my 2 cents...I use to have body issues,and still have a pushy mother!!,...If it were me??,...I'd get up b4 everybody else and do a 30 min walk ea day,....it would clear yur head,get you outta the house,..a great way to start yur day!!...and when someone says something,you could say,thanx but I already did my wrk out!!...Bottom line is this,...you have to believe your worth it,...and if some days ya don't.....Fake it 'till ya Make it!!!....Not 4 nothin...you were put here to do more,be more,..so pick yur head up Beautiful,stand tall,proud and get movin!! ~ Have a great day and feel better!!
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    It's easy to lose hope when the scale won't move.

Try tracking other ways of progress. Buy a tape measure and keep track of your measurements. I lost 5 inches before I saw any appreciable drop on the scale - but that 5 inches was enough to let me at least slip into my old jeans and realize that I was, indeed, losing weight! I would have given up completely otherwise.
  • mike5802
    mike5802 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Well, I am not sick, but I am tired of being tired. I've lost 4 lbs so far. I do know one thing: only I can lose this weight, and only you can lose yours. You can do it. This program will help you get there. Count your blessings and get going. Cheers. - Mike
  • gio425
    gio425 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    thank you all!!! :) this helps