Not new, but starting over..

Options
Hey there! Like my title says, I am not new to this but I decided to start over after falling off the wagon pretty hard and gaining over half of my lost weight back over the holidays. I'm looking for some more motivation to help kick off the new year. I'm joining a gym when I get paid on the 4th, I changed my ticker and I will not log in tomorrow so that I can reset my days.

I'm starting out with smaller goals, too. I realize this isn't a competition between all of us so I decided with exercise and proper nutrition that I will take it as it comes, one day at a time. So every 10 pounds lost, I'll hit a goal. Seeing it for me as a big picture "YOU HAVE 70+ POUNDS TO LOSE" was kind of a downer for me.

Anyways if anyone wants to add me, feel free! Please include a message as I don't want friend collectors on my page. I need more happy life-loving people on my list! :)

Thanks!
Jessie

Replies

• saraedens
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I let myself go too I'm 5'9'' and reached 268..ugh!! But now I'm down 20 lbs and feeling much better about myself still have a long way to go but we will all get there together!!
  • SailerSiren13
    SailerSiren13 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me i'm right there with you!
  • Soloflyergirl2
    Soloflyergirl2 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hi. I've had my difficulty with the long term goal... I have to set shorter term goals and be realistic. As for joining a gym, I decided to use every exercise video that I can follow , for free . ON DEMAND.. on cable television.... and I bought an exercise mat.... I have used huge Progresso soup cans for upper arm weights and bought small 3 # weights at Target . If you can do 12 reps of all of the exercises with one weight, you can move to the next weight........ There is a tv show called " Sit and Be Fit"... and even though it is meant for more sedentary people, the woman guides the viewer through some aerobic exercises, while seated.... and it's good for stretching.... moving... and eventually a more vigorous workout....... I am trying to break my goals down to be manageable.... and I asked my medical doctor about the " add calories to your day because you exercised." She said.. do not eat the extra calories... ( I actually gained weight from it.. I thought.. Oh great.. I can eat 700 calories today beyond my goal... so I ate potato chips..)..... Best wishes. :flowerforyou:
  • shardonay91
    shardonay91 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    hi, I'm glad your starting again, I'm sure this time you'll do it. i know exactly how you feel. so definitely feel free to add me. I've just started fitness pal and looking for encouraging friends also. ;)
  • Amy62575
    Amy62575 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Please add me. I'm also starting over. I was here last year and lost a bit but then fell off the wagon and gained it all back, plus some. I could really use the encouragement too!
  • Poetry_In_Pics
    Options
    You could be my weightloss twin!! :laugh: I've fallen off the wagon more times than I can begin to count, but like yourself, I've realized that this is a slow process that I take from day to day. Looking at the big picture is overwhelming ~ small goals and small steps lead to lasting change.

Nice to meet you!!
  • Jessie1227
    Jessie1227 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I let myself go too I'm 5'9'' and reached 268..ugh!! But now I'm down 20 lbs and feeling much better about myself still have a long way to go but we will all get there together!!

Adding! :)
  • Jessie1227
    Options
    Feel free to add me i'm right there with you!

Adding! :):)
  • chellly
    chellly Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm in the same boat. I lost 20 lbs after having a baby in April and gained half of it back over the holidays. Added to my weight, which is way higher than it should be, I feel terrible. I could use all the support and encouragement I can get. I have a great support system at home, but a little more never hurts. :)

I've accepted this isn't a temporary thing. I need to change the way I think for this to work. I'm a HUGE emotional eater. Once I get a handle on that I'm confident the rest will fall in to place.
  • Jessie1227
    Options
    Hi. I've had my difficulty with the long term goal... I have to set shorter term goals and be realistic. As for joining a gym, I decided to use every exercise video that I can follow , for free . ON DEMAND.. on cable television.... and I bought an exercise mat.... I have used huge Progresso soup cans for upper arm weights and bought small 3 # weights at Target . If you can do 12 reps of all of the exercises with one weight, you can move to the next weight........ There is a tv show called " Sit and Be Fit"... and even though it is meant for more sedentary people, the woman guides the viewer through some aerobic exercises, while seated.... and it's good for stretching.... moving... and eventually a more vigorous workout....... I am trying to break my goals down to be manageable.... and I asked my medical doctor about the " add calories to your day because you exercised." She said.. do not eat the extra calories... ( I actually gained weight from it.. I thought.. Oh great.. I can eat 700 calories today beyond my goal... so I ate potato chips..)..... Best wishes. :flowerforyou:

Hi there!

Unfortunately, I've tried the at home videos, etc. It doesn't work for me! Being lazy usually wins over working out at home. I need to be able to get out of the house and do it. I have an exercise ball and a mat at home that I will do little things here and there if I can't make it to the gym for some reason! :P

Also, I tried the "Eat back your exercise calories!!!!" too and I gained from it, also. I think I'll stick to my 1200 calories a day til I get to where I want to get then go from there!

Thanks for your reply! :)
  • Jessie1227
    Options
    hi, I'm glad your starting again, I'm sure this time you'll do it. i know exactly how you feel. so definitely feel free to add me. I've just started fitness pal and looking for encouraging friends also. ;)

Adding! :)
  • Jessie1227
    Options
    Please add me. I'm also starting over. I was here last year and lost a bit but then fell off the wagon and gained it all back, plus some. I could really use the encouragement too!

Adding ya! :)
  • Jessie1227
    Options
    You could be my weightloss twin!! :laugh: I've fallen off the wagon more times than I can begin to count, but like yourself, I've realized that this is a slow process that I take from day to day. Looking at the big picture is overwhelming ~ small goals and small steps lead to lasting change.

Nice to meet you!!

Woohoo! lol Yeah, it hurts falling off that damn thing. :P I feel the same now, small goals and small steps!! :)

Nice to meet you, too! Thanks for the add! :D
  • Jessie1227
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm in the same boat. I lost 20 lbs after having a baby in April and gained half of it back over the holidays. Added to my weight, which is way higher than it should be, I feel terrible. I could use all the support and encouragement I can get. I have a great support system at home, but a little more never hurts. :)

I've accepted this isn't a temporary thing. I need to change the way I think for this to work. I'm a HUGE emotional eater. Once I get a handle on that I'm confident the rest will fall in to place.

Hi there, I'm adding you! A little more support never hurt anyone! :D I am also an emotional eater. I'm sure the stress I've gone through the past few weeks didn't help, either. I need to work on that! lol
  • AbiLee1976
    Options
    I'm starting over too. We moved house in August and I stopped trying, now I want to make a change. Feel free to add me.
  • Carol_s
    Options
    Hey everyone,

I'm starting over too, have had a tough year for various reasons and my eating took over again. On the plus side I've continued exercising, so haven't put on too much of the weight I'd lost, but I still have a long way to go!

I wish you all the best of luck, I'm sure we can do this with each others support :-)

Feel free to add me.

Xx
  • sammie121403
    sammie121403 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I am right there too. For the last year, my husband and I have been avid gym-goers, but its closed Dec. 23-Jan. 2 and after the holiday snacks, I was feel pretty guilty so I had do start something up. I started calorie counting, to help me watch my intake more closely, and this program has made it very easy to do so. We also started Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred, which can be a butt kicker for active people! :) I am feeling pretty good, but its only been 5 days. :/
  • herekatiekatie
    herekatiekatie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm with ya! I haven't slipped too much, but this past week has been tough to get back on the wagon. I joined right after Thanksgiving and lost 15lbs, but since xmas eve I've somewhat fallen off---I'm still gym'ing but did take a couple days off, but my food choices have been poor and need to be resuscitated---I blame constant leftovers and sweets that are hanging around pre-new year. I know I'lll do it---and you an too! It just takes one day at a time! Cheers to a result-filled 2013
  • TempoChiarisce26
    Options
    Welcome back! encouragement and support is a huge factor (for me anyway) in losing weight. You want to be able to see all the hard work you did and feel great while doing it! I have about 69lbs more to lose until i reach my goal, but who knows i might go even further than that :) Im sure you will do great. One day at a time... :) Feel free to add me!

-Maria
  • osteral
    Options
    I'm starting over again this week too. I keep falling off the wagon over and over again; still trying to find my my middle ground where I can live my life and be healthier too. I "only" need to get rid of 25 pounds but when I have needed to get rid of it for over ten years it seems like an unobtainable goal. :( Really like your mini goals, maybe that is something I need to consider... Add me if you like, I could use some support too (family is not much help).