Completely lacking motivation

Options
I had been doing so well with my weight loss, but after my mother-in-law passed I just can't get back into things. I eat junk all the time, don't work out, I don't do anything anymore. She was my motivator we were doing this together, and I know she would be so disappointed, but I feel like a complete failure. I had gotten down to 198.6 and now I'm right back up to 206.4 I just can't get a handle on things. I can't do it alone I need support. I know I have my husband's support, but it's not the same as having the support of someone going through the same battle I am. I don't know what to do anymore.

Replies

• Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    My condolences on the death of your MIL.

I don't know anyone losing weight in RL either. I am getting all my motivation from the people here and myself. We are all going through the same thing. But the greatest motivator is YOU. No more excuses. Dedicate your weight loss to your late MIL and just DO IT! :)
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your MIL.. :( But you'll find a lot of people who are going through similar struggles as you here. Best of luck and just know that you can do it!!! Just take it one step at a time :)
  • wrkout2bfit
    wrkout2bfit Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    So sorry for your loss! You are so worthy of being the best you can be. Be healthy for you, and your beautiful baby. We are here for you!
  • lulugoesketo15
    lulugoesketo15 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your kind words. I know I need to stop being so blah and get over it, it's just easier said than done. I need to find a way to jump start things any advice?
  • januarykim
    januarykim Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Depression is a natural part of the grieving process. Losing your MIL is a big loss. Just make an effort to get some sunshine, call a supportive friend, or go for a quick walk everyday. But if you need more help recovering from this, please see you doctor, too. And...it is not something you should just 'get over'. You can grieve as long as you need--she was important to you!
  • SadKitty27
    SadKitty27 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Depression is a natural part of the grieving process. Losing your MIL is a big loss. Just make an effort to get some sunshine, call a supportive friend, or go for a quick walk everyday. But if you need more help recovering from this, please see you doctor.

This is some solid advice!
  • lulugoesketo15
    lulugoesketo15 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    thank you! That really was great advice :) It's getting better, I had a breakdown yesterday but i also lost 4.9 pounds yesterday. So it comes and goes, but I"m sure it will for awhile.