Beginning a new life January 2013!

Options
Im here to track my weight loss journey. And I need your words of encouragement and ideas along the way. Im new to myfitnesspal but some friends of mine said it was a great place for advice and to find new tips. Have a great day!

Replies

• Sheila_Ann
    Sheila_Ann Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You've come to the right place! The support here is wonderful! I log on every day and my diary is always open. I give honest feedback and lots of encouragement. Please feel free to add me. :)

Sheila
  • love2bthin
    love2bthin Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You will find awesome friends and support here. :flowerforyou:
  • starcatcher1975
    starcatcher1975 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP :smile: I think this is a great site because it's so easy and convenient to use. I love the barcode scanner on the mobile app! And the only encouragement I can give you is to keep on keeping on. Take one day at a time and realize it does take time so don't get discouraged if you're not seeing results as fast as you want. Just track everything and eventually you'll get there! Good luck!
  • currierand
    currierand Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I haven't been here long and I haven't lost much YET, but my main piece of advice is to take measurements, not just rely on the scale. I obviously don't know your story, but for most of us here, it took many years to put on the extra pounds, so give yourself at least as many weeks or months to take it off.

Happy New Year to you. And welcome.
  • Bortnipx
    Bortnipx Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Im getting back on track too, right after New Years!:smile:
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    Don't call it a journey, be consistent, add friends right away, the more fond you grow of your friends on here the more likely you are to log in and stay on track. Good luck!
  • mambagirl
    mambagirl Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Hi! My advice is to NEVER GIVE UP! If you slip up just log it so that over time you can see how different foods affect your body.

Don't look at it as a Diet.I eat what I want,I just make sure not to go over my calories and sodium.When I concentrate on my Sodium levels it makes it hard to fill my day with too much junk food,but I still have my treats.

One thing that is working for me is to take things SLOW...There are some people that can do everything at once(Strict Diet and exercise). But,I am not one of those people.That's how I failed at diets in the past because when I ate something "Off Plan" or Was too tired to Exercise I saw that as a reason to give up.Since this is not a "diet" I can't give up or fail if I eat something "bad"..No foods are Bad and No foods are off limits.The quantity and the frequency is what needs to be watched.

My first month I concentrated on Sodium and calories,This Month I'm concentrating on Sodium,calories,and walking 10,000 steps a day,Next Month I'm starting the couch to 5K and 30 day shred..I'm building new habits slowly and that is working out great! Nice to have you here!!!
  • yaniracm
    Options
    Hello! I'm new here too!. I am still going through the site and understanding it. I do not have much advice to give right now, but would like to keep in touch to continue the weight loss. I believe encouraging each other and sharing experiences of weight loss through the site will be a key piece for success! :smile: