Good at tracking at work, but not at home

Options
I've been on this website for a week, and I'm doing good with my eating and tracking at work, but when I get home it's a different story. I'm in front of a computer all day, so I can easily add my food during work. When I'm home, I just get lazy and kind of feel like I've eaten well at work, so it's no big deal if I relax at home. Help!!! How can I keep my motivation up at home??

Replies

• michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    that's so me!!!
  • jennysmission
    jennysmission Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    If you have a IPHONE they have MFP app for it and it helps me alot to keep my journal up to date at home when I have it! Just an idea!!
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    Hi -

For myself I carry my iPhone around with MFP mobile loaded, it is tied into your web account (of course), and I just open it and enter my foods on the spot (or soon after). Also if you lookup the food you are going to eat to enter it before you eat it that might help you change your mind for somthing that fits into your daily goals.

This works well for me but I am very anal. My wife says I am 'All or nothing' about things. When I started this process I went all in.

Having said all that - I guess it's OK to 'relax' once in awhile. :smile:
  • gabyp0716
    gabyp0716 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I leave my home computer on while I'm there with the food page on the screen. So it makes it easier to get on for a few minutes and log my food and exercise. So far I've been doing good about making it part of my rutine. I just started to go on this site so I hope to keep it up. Good luck!
  • maveriiick
    maveriiick Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You can also add it with any mobile browser...
    Or keep a post-it note or 3x5 card and take notes and enter them at work...
  • RosieB405
    RosieB405 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I am sometimes the same way but I now try to at least make it my before bed routine to update MFP, brush teeth, turn out lights, check locks, etc. You just have to find a good routine.
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I am like you, in that I am in front of a computer all day at work, but I actually enter my entire day in the morning. It helps me to stay on track, and seeing my totals I can adjust my portions to not go over my daily totals. I also enter in my exercise which also helps me do it when I don't feel like it.
  • LongMom
    LongMom Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem, I work on a computer ALL DAY long and don't want to sit in front of one all night long either.

That said, I'm fortunate (I guess?) in that I can't access my personal e-mail or Facebook from work and I MUST check them quickly once a day - so I've added MFP into that routine.

The other option, what i used to do, was plan my evening meals ahead and enter them before I left work. You could also input your previous nights dinner the following morning at work. I used to do that a lot, I'd just know how many calories I was leaving work with and work within my "calories left" for dinner.
  • weaverc
    weaverc Posts: 158
    Options
    I am very similar. I eat fairly good all day, but I have a hard time tracking it at home. I don't spend much quality time with my computer at home because the kids are running around like crazy. I have been trying to log my dinner right before I leave work and that also ensures I don't eat more than the remaining calories I have. Sometimes that backfires on me if we change our dinner plans. I guess it's all about discipline.
  • lknorthstar
    lknorthstar Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I plan a head on what I am going to make for supper and what I am going to have for my evening snack. Then on my break at work I enter those in. This then gives my a good idea of what my daily calorie intake will be for that day. Of course some days if we are going out for supper I don't know so then I just try and remember as best as I can the next day or try and get it in at home.

Hope this idea helps you! Best of luck!