Replies

• Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    Diet has everything to do with acne. And I don't mean "fat". Do some research. There are many people on MFP who have resolved health issues such as acne and much, much more. All with what we eat or don't eat. Acne is a symptom of internal health issues and is not cured with creams and drugs.
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    since you are a girl i guess the solution that i was taught as a young lad may be a turn off to you :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • dollhousedolly
    dollhousedolly Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Change your sheets and pillow cases regularly.

Do you use hair products? Make sure they don't get onto your skin if possible.
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I use Dr. Karr's Acne Statin but you have to order it online. It's really great for sensitive skin. I can't handle the stuff that dries my face. I also agree with the zinc vitamin supplement. It really does help.

Monica

P.S. Get yourself a facial steamer as they really help open the pores. You may have clogged pores and that's causing part of the problem.
  • samrockrocks
    samrockrocks Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Diet has everything to do with acne. And I don't mean "fat". Do some research. There are many people on MFP who have resolved health issues such as acne and much, much more. All with what we eat or don't eat. Acne is a symptom of internal health issues and is not cured with creams and drugs.

i disagree entirely with you. My acne has substantially improved because of medicine. I do, however, think that lots of water is important!
  • PinkyKiwii
    PinkyKiwii Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Bump bump bump x 400000
  • mjhedgehog
    mjhedgehog Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Proactive is a little spendy but it works really well for me. I think another factor is making sure to drink a lot of water.
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    So! CLINIQUE 3 step system for your type of skin!
    $40.00 but worth it and lasts a LONG *kitten* TIME! ask the lady at the counter how to do it and she'll show you.
    wash your face with this in the morning..

before you go to bed, i use Clean&clear 3-in-1. it has bensoyl proxide in it that is super great for acne.. when i was younger the doctor straight up proscribed bensoyl proxide for me( i didnt have bad acne by the way,i was just trying to prevent it and im sure he was tired of me complaining everytime i went in there)
  • abrahamsitososa
    abrahamsitososa Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Acne was one of my big struggles throughout my life. What has worked the best for me was cutting all animal products. Drink a big glass of water as soon as you wake up and eat 2 bananas. It goes away even faster if you do a cleanse while you try the method I'm telling you. Take my word for it. It's the only thing tgat ever worked for me.
  • clh126
    clh126 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I used to have moderate acne and found out that the acne products I was using were actually making it worse due to the harsh chemicals. I started using baby shampoo to wash my face at night and when I wake up and most of my skin issues resolved. Simple and way cheaper than all of the other stuff I was using!
  • repmlrs
    repmlrs Posts: 154
    Options
    wash ure face
  • Ericaalicia0608
    Ericaalicia0608 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    ooooh I am going to look into zinc! good idea!
    Make sure its the opti-zinc and do not exceed 100 mg a day. I use Solaray Opti-zinc 30mg.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Water, lots of fruit and limiting the amount of chemicals I attack my skin with are what have served me best. Scrub with a cloth dipped in hot water, rinse with cool water and apply moisturiser every day. Once a week, use a facial scrub product with the same process.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    ooooh I am going to look into zinc! good idea!
    Make sure its the opti-zinc and do not exceed 100 mg a day. I use Solaray Opti-zinc 30mg.

I take zinc-copper balance. Selenium is supposed to be good for the skin also.
  • DamnImASexyBitch
    DamnImASexyBitch Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    My face lately is going crazy. I've always had nice skin, but I'd say the last maybe week I've broke out on my cheeks ( which are dry... not oily ) I just bought an acne kit at Target tonight. Generic pro-active type. Has a cleanser, toner, moisturizer, day treatment, night treatment & spot treatment. It was like $35.
  • libbymcbain
    libbymcbain Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Oxytetracycline.
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    Cutting out caffeine made a major difference for me.
  • Iknewyouweretrouble
    Options
    I have pretty bad acne on my face and back and I thought I should make use of the wonderful resource of people on here!

I was just wondering if anybody knows good products or regimens that can help??

I currently use Tazorac almost every day unless my skin is dry, and take Minocycline 90mg, as well as washing with AcneFree Cream Cleanser (5% Benzoyl Peroxide).

My skin is also pretty sensitive and dry in the winter.

P.S. Sorry if this is the wrong forum...I didn't know where to put it.
    Is your acne peaks or craters?
    If its peaks then Burt's bees with wich hazel is fantastic. Craters I got nothin for ya.
  • Alissakelly
    Options
    birth control!!!

I had AWFUL acne and the pill is the only thing that helped. My acne was hormonal and topical stuff just wont cut it...
    If the topical cremes and what not don't work, i highly recommend the pill!