Need more supportive friends

Options
I am looking for some new friends in MFP. I only have a handful now and after several months on here I'm noticing I'd like more support. That is one of the reasons I originally joined this site. I am a big social networking junkie and am used to communicating a lot online. If you use MFP also for support and making friends, send me a message. We can do this together!

Replies

• garciabnm
    Options
    always looking for new friends..message on the way!
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Sent a friend request.
  • feathertouch
    feathertouch Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    same here!!
  • jmm774
    jmm774 Posts: 34
    Options
    Thank you! I'm excited.
  • AnnelizabethB
    AnnelizabethB Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm fairly new to MFP and I have only 4 friends but only 1 really is supportive. I'd love more :-)
  • jmm774
    Options
    If you sent me a message in your FR, I didn't realize I couldn't reply directly and once you accept, it disappears. Sorry if I didn't catch it!
  • naticksdonna
    naticksdonna Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Sent a request
  • SunshineDecember
    SunshineDecember Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    request sent :)
  • Aleph13
    Aleph13 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hi, there are some lovely people on here and some not so lovely ones. as with all social networking, I personally find it to be more of a popularity contest than any kind of genuine support or friendship medium.
    I think if you want real friends you need to develop them in the real world... you might find a couple on here but don't hold out for a truck load. As far as weight loss is concerned you need to be your own best friend, your own motivator and your own greatest support... nobody else can you give you that... you're expecting too much... it's like expecting someone else to complete you or make you happy

You wanna lose weight? do it
  • jmm774
    Options
    Hi, there are some lovely people on here and some not so lovely ones. as with all social networking, I personally find it to be more of a popularity contest than any kind of genuine support or friendship medium.
    I think if you want real friends you need to develop them in the real world... you might find a couple on here but don't hold out for a truck load. As far as weight loss is concerned you need to be your own best friend, your own motivator and your own greatest support... nobody else can you give you that... you're expecting too much... it's like expecting someone else to complete you or make you happy

What? I have been pretty successful, thanks. I am simply looking for people that actually comment on posts on here when I occasionally post about a tough day. I mean that is the point of the community.
  • xMissy6x
    xMissy6x Posts: 347 Member
    Options

What? I have been pretty successful, thanks. I am simply looking for people that actually comment on posts on here when I occasionally post about a tough day. I mean that is the point of the community.

From your profile pic you look like you have made amazing progress!!