Re-committing!!

Options
I am a married mom to 6 children 3 adopted (21-23) and 3 biological (16-22). I feel as though I have been a weight loss rollercoaster since my late teens. I lost about 20 lbs and began my marriage at a healthy 155 lbs. I gradually put on weight over the years, always trying some fad diet, until I woke up and didn't recognize myself. In 2002, I joined a gym and worked out 5 days a week. I lost 50 lbs and dropped to 180. I then injured my knee, adopted a sibling group of 3 teenagers, and my husband lost his job,. Beause of this and the every day stressors in life, my weight began to creeped up! In 2008, I lost weight to begin a program (lol!!) It took me about a year and a half, but I reached 180, a loss of 70+ lbs. Then, I took my eye off the ball!! Once again, I have allowed the stressors of life to interfere with my journey. I used food to soothe my troubles. You would think I would have learned my lesson the first time. Losing weight is not an easy thing for me!! Looking for people to to share this journey with!!

Replies

• jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Yep, time to put your eye on the prize again, you know you can succeed! Feel free to add me!
  • summergirl73
    summergirl73 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Good luck, feel free to add me
  • cdspark
    cdspark Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Good luck, I too have used food to comfort me. It's interesting to look back and see what I have done and for the silliest reasons (for instance I would eat constantly while I did my math homework, I would get so stressed out about it, I did really well so I don't know why I ate the whole time)
  • mrsmom67
    mrsmom67 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You're not alone with eating because of stressors..I can fully relate to that. You have made the step in the right direction though and have not given up but decided to move forward and commit to this journey. You can add me if you want ...we could support each other.
  • charovnitza
    Options
    Congratulations on re-committing and starting again! Me, too! There's a favorite quote of mine from Mary Pickford (a Silent Screen Actress) who said: "You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call Failure is not the falling down, but the staying down."
    We're getting up again :)
  • jonnype
    Options
    Re committing to losing weight. Lost 50 pounds last year on MFP but fell off the wagon so to speak and gained 36 pounds. Starting again on 2nd Jan 2013 and will need help and inspiration. Wish me luck, got to get trimmer before I reach 40 years old at the end of May 2013.
  • ColleenHollis
    Options
    It's never to late to start again. But if you know that stress drives you to eat it's time to write down the triggers and nab them in the behind everytime to make this a lifelong decision. I had to do that. We went through several years of aweful and I turned to food like crazy. It really is an addiction! Mind over matter, I had to decide to be capable of being strong. You have 6 children and they learn how to deal with stress by example. Anyway, add me as a friend!