I'm 30 and falling apart!

Options
Hi everyone,

I actually started falling apart a year or two ago. My health has been on a decline and my wake up call was this year when I had all sorts of stomach problems. I realized I've really screwed my body up, and if I don't step up now - who knows what issue's I'll have the next 30 years!

I got a Kindle Fire for Christmas, and saw this was one of the most popular apps, so I'm going to test it out.

Good luck in the new year everyone!

Jessica

Replies

• GamerMixZ
    Options
    Back at ya and I just signed up this morning myself. Lets do this thing! :)
  • SmilesIowa
    Options
    Awesome, another newbie! I'll be curious to see how this thing works.
  • bdubs1224
    bdubs1224 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. Just turned 31 and I need to step up and do something about my weight, and get healthy for myself!!
  • SmilesIowa
    Options
    I think that's the important thing, getting healthy for ourselves. It's good to know I'm not alone in the 30 trenches :)
  • DebraYvonne
    DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    welcome!!! you can un-do the damage!

so you can get an app on the Kindle too??
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to all of you. :flowerforyou:

I'll be 34 next month and started in July of this year. Look at my ticker. You can do it! I'm halfway to goal. Ask questions in the forums about anything that isn't making sense or try the search function. There are a lot of people here with stunning losses and transformations who have great advice to give.
  • laurajean120
    laurajean120 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me the more friends the better.
  • nwon87
    nwon87 Posts: 29
    Options
    I started this last year. I lost about 45 lbs while on here (70 total) and the last 4 months I've been trying to do with out it, figuring I had been doing it long enough that I would be able to. Well, it started where I think I just started eating more because I wasn't tracking, and then I stopped exercising. In 4 months, I put 20 lbs back on. So...I'm back and ready to go...more focused this time. I'll help keep you motivated if you like!
  • Aleph13
    Aleph13 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    you're not falling apart sweetheart, you're putting yourself together... there's a difference

Much love x
  • SmilesIowa
    Options
    Yep, there's an app on Kindle - but I don't think you can do the message boards on there...

Thanks everyone for the encouragement! It's nice to have people who understand where I'm coming from!
  • lee91356
    lee91356 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I came to the same realization around my 30th birthday last year. Unfortunately after a post-birthday doctor's appointment it was confirmed that I had done more damage to my body due to my excess weight than I thought so I started on this journey. I have lost a lost of weight since then and now, just hitting 31 I'm in better shape now than I was in my 20's and I hope to keep improving. Good luck to you!
  • SmilesIowa
    Options
    That's awesome lee! I hope I can say the same a year from now. I know how to do everything, I just need to do it and stick with it!
  • suzannehmngbrd
    suzannehmngbrd Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    i'm back too! Experienced the same as you, let's get back on track together:smile:
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    The most important part is that you're starting, and over a lot of ups and downs, you'll slowly start to piece yourself back together. Welcom to MFP!

Feel free to add me if you want some support and motivation
  • Jett8888
    Jett8888 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You can do this. Its easier than you think. I've lost 68 since March and over 30 inches. Just remember its one day at a time and it is NOT a diet. Its a lifestyle change.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    It works as hard as you work at it. Guaranteed.
  • Sheila_Ann
    Sheila_Ann Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck! I've lost 31lbs since december of last year. You will have your ups and downs but you CAN do it! The support on here is unbelievable! Feel free to add me or anyone can add me.

I'm on here more then FB lol.

All the best,
    Sheila
  • HerbieMomof9
    Options
    :happy: Theres no better time to start eating healthy! Don't get discouraged.. I'm 38 and have given birth to 8 children. My goal is to lose 50 pounds. I know it will be hard, but I AM in control of what goes in my mouth! DON'T GIVE UP!!
  • Cyndi1
    Cyndi1 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Jessica, you can do it but what it really comes down too- is you.... if you want it you can do it. You can add me. I believe in you and half the battle is acknowledging that you need to take a stand for you : )
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    It works as hard as you work at it. Guaranteed.

Just keep telling yourself that you can do it and you will. Don't make excuses or blame anyone else. Track what you eat, log in every day and get moving. Even if all you do is walk the dog for a few minutes every day. That's basically all I do and I've lost weight. I'm sure I would have lost a lot more a lot faster if I went to the gym every day or ran like some people on here do but I'm not a very active person and have MS and fibro. So I'm limited. So If i can do it anyone can. I have a friend on here who is in a wheelchair and she is losing weight. Do what you can when you can and you'll see that scale move down instead of up.