I finally got it, the "wow"-factor.

Options
After 22 years of trying to be what someone else wants, I finally got one of the things I've always daydreamt about.

Friday night I went on an amazing first date, after a few weeks of non-stop talking.

Just a few minutes ago on the phone he admitted "I don't know how to tell you this without sounding too much but.. when I stepped out of my truck to see you standing there I thought 'Wow'...."

If that's not enough reason to continue to do what makes me happy, I don't know what is.
Treat yourself first, everything else falls in line.

Replies

• llaurenmarie
    llaurenmarie Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Wonder if this would be considered an NSV.. :p
  • trishaeich
    trishaeich Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Very awesome! That is a great feeling. :)
  • kdub67
    kdub67 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful, and definitely and NSV...hope it all progresses well:)
  • lsapphire
    lsapphire Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    def a nsv:happy:
  • susanmc31
    susanmc31 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! What a great confidence booster! He sounds really sweet, hope this is the start of something great :flowerforyou:
  • llaurenmarie
    Options
    That's wonderful, and definitely and NSV...hope it all progresses well:)
    Thank you, and even if not.. still going to treat myself the best (:
  • wimeezer
    wimeezer Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    It is absolutely an nsv! Congrats.....sounds like you found a nice one. Enjoy!
  • marthathebear
    Options
    I don't know why you never got it before, your profile picture is very cute! Good luck with the guy who is smart enough to see how awesome you are.
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    AWWW CUTE!
  • annepage
    annepage Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Sounds wonderful. Keep up the good work. :)
  • Morningstar93
    Options
    awwh :smile: go you! :flowerforyou:
  • wimeezer
    wimeezer Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Absolutely that too! Well done finding what works for you and staying true to yourself. What an inspiration!
  • llaurenmarie
    Options
    Also should note that this exact thing was a downside of my last relationship with a guy who was waiting for that moment I would "wow" him.

Keep waiting guy................ (;
  • llaurenmarie
    Options
    I don't know why you never got it before, your profile picture is very cute! Good luck with the guy who is smart enough to see how awesome you are.
    Thank you! It was actually taken friday before I left.. hehehe:bigsmile:
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on meeting a nice man who cares about you and appreiciates you for you. Enjoy the feeling of knowing you've done something so healthy fo yourself on the inside that it shows on the outside. Because I'm quite sure his comment was about more than your figure, it was also about the way you carried yourself and the confidence that showed on your face. Keep that with you in all your future relationships, friendship, work endeavors, social life, and personal well-being.
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options

Seriously! Your profile pic is adorable.
  • naticksdonna
    naticksdonna Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    That's enough to make us all smile! Keep being kind to yourself - it will show to others!
  • llaurenmarie
    Options
    Congratulations on meeting a nice man who cares about you and appreiciates you for you. Enjoy the feeling of knowing you've done something so healthy fo yourself on the inside that it shows on the outside. Because I'm quite sure his comment was about more than your figure, it was also about the way you carried yourself and the confidence that showed on your face. Keep that with you in all your future relationships, friendship, work endeavors, social life, and personal well-being.
    This is such a nice and truthful paragraph. Everything on the inside definitely projects on the outside
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options

Yes this! You're super cute and awesome so don't settle for less! He SHOULD think "wow" every time he sees you.
  • poodlepaws
    poodlepaws Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Wonder if this would be considered an NSV.. :p

I vote YES!