Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Ladies who started at 200+ pounds!

Replies

• susanmc31
    susanmc31 Posts: 287 Member
    Hi! You can add me too. I am currently at 218 pounds and am working my way down to a healthier me. I am working on weight lifting (heavy) and the C25K program.
  • slepygrl
    slepygrl Posts: 249 Member
    I started at 234. I'm currently at 178. :-)
    You can do it!!
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    I started off at 202 pounds in April of 2011. I hit my original goal weight in February 2012 (152 lbs). After that, I decide to keep losing and eventually ended up at 135. I've weighed around 135 for seven months now. :smile:

I took it slow and easy. I planned to lose just a 1/2 pound a week and only cut 250 calories a day from my TDEE. That allowed me to keep enjoying food like pizza, cupcakes and wine.
  • pouringraina
    pouringraina Posts: 106 Member
    When I first started MFP, I was 216. I got down to 198, then gained weight. Now it's almost 2 years later, and I am more serious about losing weight this time. I am now 224, and don't ever plan to see that big of a number again. Feel free to add me.
  • jmm774
    jmm774 Posts: 34
    I started out at 206, add me too!
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    I started at about 220lbs. Maybe more. And I've always been overweight (well, since I was about 8). I'm now about 175lbs and no longer a couch potato.
  • I am right around where you're at. I started at 216.8 and now I'm 196.8. Sending you a friend request now! :smile:
  • runmybunsoff
    runmybunsoff Posts: 224 Member
    Hellooooo!! I am here if you need me! =)
  • MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    I started at 255. I am in maintenance now (I just reached my goal) but would love to add you as a friend!
  • texjenn
    texjenn Posts: 146 Member
    Hi Ladies - I started at 220 about a year & a half ago. I am now down to 129-130. Omg!! I've never been this thin! Now I'm maintaining but I struggle everyday. Moderation has been the key for me.

Feel free to add me - say you saw my post on this board...
  • janahcarter
    janahcarter Posts: 42 Member
    I started out this time last year at 223 pounds. I'm down to 193 pounds right now. Could have been a lower number but I wasn't as committed as I should have been. I have 58 pounds to go until I'm at goal!
  • sw:316 cw:205/206 gw:135 you can add me...this won't be a quick battle either.
  • Hey I just started today I am 215 I need to loose at least 50lbs please add me!!!
  • acrynne
    acrynne Posts: 74 Member
    Feel free to add me! I started at 221 back in August. I'm officially at 186... (but I know that I am actually down a few more pounds).
  • I'm in the same boat as most everyone else! 250 starting out now... Feel free to add! Everyone has done so well! Gives me hope that I can reach my goals too. Hardest part is finding a time to workout what with working graves... bleck!
  • Psychedelicately
    Psychedelicately Posts: 81 Member
    Feel free to add me! I was 210 (I lost 5 before starting MFP) at the beginning of October and I now weigh 184.
  • AggieFan2011
    AggieFan2011 Posts: 551 Member
    Hey! I actually semi started trying to eat healthier and lose weight at the beginning of this summer, but I wasn't using any kind of system to track anything so I probably only lost about 5 or 10 pounds the entire summer. It was a step in the right direction though. I discovered MFP at the end of October, bought a scale, and decided to take full control of my weight loss. When I started on MFP I weighed 228 lbs (I have no real idea what I weighed before the summer/fall but I'm going to guess around 235-240ish). After 2 months of using the site I have lost 15 pounds and am down to 213 lbs. My ultimate goal as of now is 130 lbs (I'm 5'7"). It's been a slow and steady process thus far, but I know that I still have a LONG way to go. Feel free to add me though. I enjoy having friends with similar goals to mine and it always helps to have people who are in the same general place in their weight loss journey as you are.
  • Ronni66
    Ronni66 Posts: 43
    I was 230 pounds when i started , now i am at 197. so far so good. Add me as well!
  • abrockhausen
    abrockhausen Posts: 35 Member
    Started at 217, first goal is 160lbs. Add me!
  • LittleMissYoYo
    LittleMissYoYo Posts: 88 Member
    Yup! I was 215 back in January this year and so far lost 12lbs x I can see a bit of a difference in myself (See my profile picture)

I am on here daily and I actively support anyone who needs it!

Good luck and I know you can do it! xxxxxxxxxxxxx