Starting again in a few days.

Options
Why a few days I hear you ask, well my husband is home for the holidays and goes back on Thursday. I have ordered my fitbit and I am on a massive drive to lose a bunch of weight before he comes back Feb 9th. I was doing really well earlier in the summer, I was counting everything but had an emotional upset in September that totally knocked me for six, result I lost half a stone with the upset but fell off the wagon and have since gained back the half stone plus a bit.

Based on 1lb per week weight loss MFP allows me 1500 calories per day, what concerns me slightly is having looked at the diaries of some folks on here, the ones with major weight loss, is how bad their diets are. I am looking at people who have a coffee for breakfast, a snack of a cereal bar, no lunch and a tin of soup for dinner. Another ones diet consisted of sweets and slices of white processed bread or a TV dinner. Not a home cooked meal or piece of fresh veg in sight. They are finishing the day with a credit of 300 or 400 calories and more left over so basically are just kidding themselves because they are losing weight because they are starving themselves.

Sorry if this sounds like I am putting them down its just I find this quite demotivating, surely it is possible to lose weight by having a decent breakfast, lunch and dinner. Really love to hear from you, feel free to look at my diaries but you will probably have to go back to Aug/September (was a break over 24th Aug weekend as was my anniversary).

For me I would really like to lose 50 before 50 (in June) and this may be too much of a big ask because I can't do it by starving or depriving myself. Wish me luck!

Replies

• Aleph13
    Aleph13 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    hey, i totally agree with you lovely. I was always tiny but curvy... after I had children I was quite big... I had big babies and put on quite a bit of weight in pregnancy... I lost a lot after giving birth just naturally without dieting because I am healthy and active... I have one more stone to lose which is proving quite stubborn but I will lose it slowly by eating a balanced varied diet and exercising... I come from and afro irish family... food is our culture .... I doin't believe in starving myself or popping pills and protein shakes... it's sickening to me... eat in moderation and keep moving... you will lose weight... the slower it comes off, the more likely it is to STAY off and keep you healthy
  • kazdav
    kazdav Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I agree totally, I set myself a lb a week but to be honest I would be happy with .5lb a week if I could still eat good food. You know what they say a little of everything in moderation. Just need to get my greedy gene under control.
  • lemanuelthelazy
    lemanuelthelazy Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Truth! I find I'm way more successful if I vary my diet as much as possible. I'll have one day where I hit way below my total calories, and then the next day I go over a bit. I'm a big portion, lots of meals kind of person, so I have to be careful what I eat due to the large quantities. For example, yesterday I made black bean tostadas and ate THREE in one sitting. But it was okay because I didn't have any cheese and I used greek yogurt instead of sour cream, so the most calories were coming from the shells (90 each), the beans, and a few black olives. I still felt like a satisfied piggy though, haha.
  • kazdav
    kazdav Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I also have big portions, that is one of my downfalls. For eg yesterday made an enormous Turkey casserole with dumplings. Had two full bowlfuls and I am talking pasta bowls here. Admittedly apart from the dumplings it was probably pretty healthy but still large portions.
  • Karen5732
    Karen5732 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as I am restarting on the 21st January when my daughter goes back to New Zealand and would love some new friends to help get me motivated again.. I got to goal in September but have put around 7lb back on.. so need some inspiration as well :flowerforyou:
  • alicedaisysquires
    Options
    just remember that everyone on here is routing for you! People diet in different ways and it will work in different ways for others! as for the chocolate cake thing then if there eating that and having different brands that hardly have any fat in then it works. things such as breaded chicken can have more fat in than a chocolate bar.... sounds stupid but some do! concentrate more on the fat content than the calories! Keep it up. You can do it :)