How Many Calories Does 10 Hours Moving Burn?

Options
Hey everyone. Quick question. I helped my parents remodel their house and move yesterday and today. Does anyone know how many calories 10 hours of moving burn?

Thanks so much! Happy New Year!

Replies

• kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Most likely a whole bunch, but not nearly as much as MFP gives you. Eat back half or less. As well, you most likely weren't moving for the entire 10 hours (sitting, breaks, meals, etc), I'd chop off some time.

I went swimming yesterday, swam a lot of laps in 1.5 hours. I logged it as an hour because I wasn't swimming constantly
  • robinr515
    Options
    There are three options that came up when I typed in "moving" under exercise. You just need to choose which on was closest to what you were doing.
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I would count is as 2000 calories...that's me.
    Yours might be different.
    These calorie burn rates are estimates anyway, so take a best guess, and eat back those calories.
    ENJOY!
    You earned this.
    :drinker:
  • poodlepaws
    poodlepaws Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I always take some time off because I know I'm not always moving; I'd knock at least 2 hours off for breaks and such.
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc

This site has a whole list of activities, including:
    Loading/unloading car
    Packing suitcases
    Construction/remodeling
    Housework

I bet you could come up with an estimate.
  • PeaceLoveandFitness140
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone for your help. Happy New Year!
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    I'd chalk it up to good deed done and not worry about it. Every movement doesn't require refueling. One day of exercise isn't going to play much of factor in your weight loss either way.
  • Kim55555
    Kim55555 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Maybe give it about 300 calories. Equivalent to maybe a moderate paced 30-45 min run perhaps.

When I run moderately for 30 minutes i call it about 200 calories whereas when I cycle moderately for 30 minutes I give it just 120 calories as sometimes you go downhill and you get a bit of rest then. I try to compare different activities and the calories i might burn. I should really learn how to use my hrm though as these amounts are estimated. I use the cycling leisure mfp setting and take 30 calories off that. (even though i'm cycling faster than leisurely)

edited to say: the 2000 calorie burn suggestion is an insane. That would be the equivalent of perhaps a 4 or 5 hour bike ride(depending on the persons fitness/.leaness level).