Is this anyone else's second time around?

Options
I did this program about a year ago and had great results, but then I moved across the country, and through all the going away parties and the stress of moving, I fell off the wagon and now here I am, back at my original start weight ready to get back on track and make it stick this time. Anyone else doing this for the second time? Have you found it more or less difficult than last time, and do you have any advice?

Replies

• jenz_plan
    Options
    Hi! Its my second time around as well. I recently made the commitment to re-start..my biggest issue is just getting "started" again. I too had good results last time but I since put alot of the weight back on.
  • chrissymcmurray
    Options
    Sucks that we let all that hard work slip away, I forgot how much better I feel when I'm on this program. I hope you reach your goals and stick with it, what's the point of us working hard to reach a goal if we don't get to reap the rewards right? I wish you the best of luck!
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    It's my second time. I got offended and deleted my account in November the first time.
  • KCGettinFit2014
    Options
    Its my second time around also. I fell off the wagon after stresses of a new baby, moving and new job. But now I am ready to be serious and get this done! I don't want there to be a third time around! I have found MFP to be very helpful in tracking my eating and activity. On my bad days I can really see the "damage" I have done to my progress and it gets me back on track. Christmas was difficult but it gave me more resolve to do better. Its all a matter of choices. Do you want better or not kind of thing. I'm ready for better!
  • Karen5732
    Karen5732 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Not so much second time but have started putting weight back on since reaching goal in September.. I need to get motivated again when my daughter goes back to New Zealand on the 20th Jan and would love some new friends to help me on my way .. :smile:
  • AbiLee1976
    Options
    It's my second time too. We moved in August and dieting just fell by the way side. Good luck with it this time round. Feel free to add me and we can motivate each other.
  • annepage
    annepage Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    This was my second time after gaining back half of what I'd lost the first time around. A couple of pounds shy of being back where I ended the first time and excited to see where it leads. So it's now more of a continuation of the original journey if that makes any sense. You can do it!
  • Tandy1965
    Options
    Second, third, fourth, I have been trying for a while. I have found that I do much better when I am logging everything that I eat and keeping track of my exercise. I have be using my FitBit to keep track so I just reactivated my MFP account. its easier to log on.
  • Khittle123
    Khittle123 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi there!
    this is my second time on this website. the last time i didn't use it seriously, because i was feeling discourage every time i logged my food and i had eaten more calories that i was allowed. This time around i am trying not to get discouraged by that take it as a tool to see where i am and where i can improve my life. As well as allowing me to assist me in obtaining a clearer look at why i can't loose weight. (even though i have my suspiscions.)
  • Iwillbeback
    Options
    Its my second time too. I lost a stone using MFP, and got really into it. If I didnt exercise in a day then I felt rubbish, but then was in an accident and had to have spinal surgery and was pretty immobile, but now in long term recovery and cross I have put all the weight back on, but am ready to start again, just a lot slower this time as I need to build up my muscle and strength again. But we did it once right, so we can do it again. I just loved how I felt about myself and my body when I was achieving. I am not loving it so much right now, but feel lucky I have another chance. Feel free to add me for support xx
  • gingerkm
    Options
    My second time too. Started in 2011 - 12 then two major operations, going back to work and trying to prove myself to keep my job. Hey many of you know how that goes. Anyway, keeping track of my food just was not a priority. Have to start again and just keep trying.
  • Kincar
    Kincar Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    It's kind of my second time around. I was really, really "good" last school year. I worked out all the time and ate right. Then I went to visit my mother in NY (I live in Texas now) for three weeks with my children in July and I started to slip out of my routines. Then, my son started high school in a magnet program. His before and after school schedule, plus the fact that he's at another high school in the district (not the one a mile from my house) messed up my workout schedule.

I am determined to get back on track though. I was so close to my goal before. I know I can do it!
  • SailerSiren13
    SailerSiren13 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    My second time around earlier this year i was kicking but and taking names. I spent most of the time working through some really serious side effects of medication for cholesterol (weird right). Then i got discouraged and had some major life changes but i miss being able to fit in my clothes and am determined to get my fitness back and feel good again! Feel free to add me :flowerforyou:
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    My first time using myfitnesspal, but not my first time losing weight. The logging has been incredibly helpful, so I'm sticking around, maybe for good. I'd love to think that I could keep track without the logging, but I've lost and regained the same weight too many times to count, and every time I gain just a little bit more. I'm too old to start all over again.

Good luck to all of you and keep logging!
  • chrissymcmurray
    Options
    Thanks for sharing everyone! It's great knowing you're not alone in your journey.
  • terrygran
    Options
    Second time here and looking for support. let's work together to get this done.
  • chefswife07
    chefswife07 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    This is my second time, too! The first time I lost 26lbs. I have yet to get the nerve to weigh in because I'm scared to see how much I've gained back in 6 months!! :-( Ready to try again!
  • chrissymcmurray
    Options
    I was terrified to weigh myself again too! I was so scared to see exactly how much I had gained, my worst fear was that I would be even heavier than last time. But I sucked it up stepped on the scale, and laughed. I was at the same exact weight that I was when I decided it was time to change last time. Hey at least I'm consistent. It was kind of reassuring in a way because it showed me that I'm definitely not comfortable being this weight. And if I did it last time, I can do it again.