looking for clean sweet tooth recipes

Options
I am a sugar addict, and I'm trying to cut out almost all processed foods. How do I do this with such a sweet tooth, I need HELP!! Anyone out there have the same problem and have figured out a way to satisfy thier sweet tooth with a clean low in calorie alternative to sweets????

Replies

• quishajuice
    quishajuice Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    It's not low calorie but I like to combine Justine's Maple alomnd butter with bananas for when I'm craving sweets. I also find eating a sweet potato sprinkled with cinnamon can curb my sweet tooth cravings. Then there's a good old fashion fruit salad, since I've been clean eating for awhile now that's often sweet enough to satisfy me.
  • cassieandjessie
    Options
    Hi! Im exactly the same, I can leave anything savoury, but if its a sweet treat ... its there to be eaten! I did slimfast a while ago and whilst that is quite sweet, I found that by getting a mouth spray, something like the aqua fresh pocket mouthwash was really helpful. When you have an urge for something sweet or a snack between meal, just spray it into your mouth and the minty flavour takes your mind off food for quite a while :) Hope it helps
    Jess x
  • sweetnlow30
    sweetnlow30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I like eating frozen grapes or raspberries mixes with low cal yogurt.
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    chocolate protein shakes or blue diamond makes cinnamon brown sugar almonds, mint dark chocolate, and dark chocolate almonds
  • veromancha
    veromancha Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    great suggestions! Thanks a bunch!
  • MavenMassage505
    Options
    Rice Cakes with Sugar free Strawberry jam by Smuckers and Stawberry Cool Whip. Works everytime. Enjoy!:smile:
  • aalpass
    aalpass Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Figs and Dates. Nom nom nom :)
  • AyaKara
    AyaKara Posts: 220
    Options
    Banana Ice Cream -- freeze banana slices for 2 hours, put in a food processor, blend for 5 seconds, then take out the slices that have taken on an ice-cream-like texture. Blend remaining slices & continue taking out the newly ice-creamed chunks until it's all out. Enjoy!
  • GypsySoul_74
    GypsySoul_74 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    chocolate protein shakes or blue diamond makes cinnamon brown sugar almonds, mint dark chocolate, and dark chocolate almonds

those almonds are sooo good!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options

those almonds are sooo good!

Love the chocolate ones! A little sweet without sweet over load! X
  • AphelionPDX
    Options
    Banana Ice Cream -- freeze banana slices for 2 hours, put in a food processor, blend for 5 seconds, then take out the slices that have taken on an ice-cream-like texture. Blend remaining slices & continue taking out the newly ice-creamed chunks until it's all out. Enjoy!

Try adding unsweetened cocoa powder to the banana "ice cream". Yum!
  • veromancha
    veromancha Posts: 158 Member
    Options

Great Idea! I'm going to have to purchase a food processor!!
  • ic3co0l
    ic3co0l Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I have a HUGE sweet tooth too! Now I just eat anything I want in moderation.

BUT here is one of my FAVOURITE "clean" desserts!

Banana Pancakes:
    2 Eggs
    1 Ripe banana

Mash banana and Mix well with the eggs. Cook them on a skillet like normal pancakes!.. I'm telling you THIS REALLY satisfied my sweet tooth while I was on a clean eating diet. You don't need to add any sweeteners!!!

Quick easy simple, and just under 250 cals!!!

Here's a video if you want:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FA9Z7vvRIw

Enjoy!
  • Janelle173
    Janelle173 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Sugar free Jell-O pudding mix. Made with skim milk. They have a ton of flavors.

You could even freeze the pudding and eat it like ice cream.

Also, I made myself a "healthy" version of Tim Horton's caramel ice caps. Which always hits the sweet tooth spot:

I brew Caramel Truffel Coffee (I use Kroger's brand Private Selection.)

Freeze the coffee in zip lock sandwhich bags in thin sheets (so lay flat in freezer). I usually make bulk so I always have it ready.

Also store some in a ziplock baggie in the fridge so it stays liquid.

When ready to make the ice cap, take a frozen baggie out, and start breaking the sheet up into chunks in the baggie.
    Dump in blender.
    Pour some of the refrigerated coffee into the blender as well.
    Pour in some torani sugar free caramel syrup for added caramel flavor. Not always necessary IMO.
    A little Non dairy, fat free powder coffee creamer (you cold probably use skim milk if you want to try it)
    A packet of Truvia.
    Blend until icee and smooth.
    Towards the end of blending you can:
    **Optional for protein** Add in 4 TBLS of PASTEURIZED egg whites.
    Blend

The reason you add the egg whites at the end (if you choose to use it as a source of protein-can't taste it so why not?) is because the egg whites can sometimes froth and foam if blended too long.

Torani and some other syrup offers a lot of different sugar free options, and there are plenty of flavored coffees out there, so really you could do this with numerous choices available.

:)
  • AyaKara
    AyaKara Posts: 220
    Options

Great Idea! I'm going to have to purchase a food processor!!

It's my favorite, you'll love it! I've done other things like dice some fruits or get chunks of fruit & put them on top, or put in nuts in the final ice cream. A friend of mine put chocolate chips in theirs! Feel free to add me :heart:
  • annepage
    annepage Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    -Fat free/1% Vanilla Yogurt with dark chocolate chips and peanut butter
    -Dark chocolate chips and peanut butter by themselves
    -Fruit crumble-Take instant oats, pulse them in a food processor until it becomes a "flour"
    -Take a bit of butter or canola margarine (whatever you have on hand) and mix it in with the oats, adding a little
    brown sugar (the amounts depend on how much you're making and I usually eyeball everything) and add a tiny bit
    of salt as well
    -Put the cut up fresh fruit or canned fruit (depending on the fruit of your choice, you can sprinkle cinnamon on top if it
    before you put on the crumbs) in a pie/baking dish and put the crumble over the top
    -Spray crumbs with canola oil spray to get a crunchy top
    -Bake around 375-400 F until the crumbs brown a bit and the fruit juice bubbles
    (hope this one helps, I cook a lot and don't measure that much, eyeballing everything)
  • tmcc70
    tmcc70 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Me too! Tomorrow I'm trying a gluten and sugar free cookie recipe, made with stevia and almond flour. I hope they taste amazing good. :)