Adding vitamin to data base

Options
I have included a daily multivitamin/multiMineral to my foods, but I can not find it under the databases. When I tried to enter it in under food, create a new food, I was told to enter a calorie value (which is not listed on the bottle), and the system would only allow me to enter the values for very few of the ingrediants. Does any one know how I can get the full nutritional info listed?

I am also hoping that by entering in the full label values that it will give me a calorie listing as well. I have had a great results with this nutrional supplement, and want to make sure I am counting it correctly on my dailys.

Any advice or help out there?

Replies

• Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    A regular vitamin/ mineral supplement really won't have many calories and is not necessary to track. Only if you are eating that gummy bear rubbish and even then ....
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    A regular vitamin/ mineral supplement really won't have many calories and is not necessary to track. Only if you are eating that gummy bear rubbish and even then ....
    Some people are tracking micronutrients through MFP.
  • HeadGofer
    Options
    @Firefox I am taking a multi vitamin becuase of my job. I have a very mobile job that does not allow me to stop and eat regular or proper meals all the time. The multi is to help me balance out what I am missing daily. I am hoping to find a way to record and add them here, so when I check my daily nutrition I can see where I am lacking so I know what I can balance, increase or decrease as needed food wise. Then after my daily nutritional food needs are met, I can stop the multivitamins. There is no need to be nasty, mean or sarcastic in your answer. We are all here on MFP to support and encourage each other.
  • Doberdawn
    Doberdawn Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Try to find one similar to yours? I was able to find and list my vitamins. Because I do take oil type supplements like fish oil and borage oil, they do add to the calories. 70 of my calories per day are vitamins.
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    @Firefox I am taking a multi vitamin becuase of my job. I have a very mobile job that does not allow me to stop and eat regular or proper meals all the time. The multi is to help me balance out what I am missing daily. I am hoping to find a way to record and add them here, so when I check my daily nutrition I can see where I am lacking so I know what I can balance, increase or decrease as needed food wise. Then after my daily nutritional food needs are met, I can stop the multivitamins. There is no need to be nasty, mean or sarcastic in your answer. We are all here on MFP to support and encourage each other.

You read meanness sarcasm and nastiness where there is none. Please don't add a 'tone of voice' to a perfectly straightforward and honest reply, it's actually quite insulting to me.
  • ripper999
    Options

I track them so I am fully aware of all my vitamin levels and especially my calcium. I agree they all really have no calories buts its whats in them that others like myself track, I like to know when I am somewhat low on Calcium, Iron, Potassium as they are more important at my age.