Insanity??

Options
I was just curious at any ones take on the Insanity workout? Does it work? Whats it like? Any feedback is apreciated thanks!!!

Replies

• danamariers
    danamariers Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    One of my best friends followed the Beach Body Insanity workout start to finish before her wedding. Her results were awesome (she also made sure she was eating properly and stayed away from junk) but she lost and toned.

I got bored with it since I like to change it up between types of exercise but if if you stick to it, it seems to provide great results.

Hope this helps
  • anetka21
    Options
    I've tried it and I must say it's really hard. If u are a beginner don't do it, you will never last. But my fiance did and he works out 5 times per week hard in the gym, and he liked it, but even for him it was a torture.. good luck :)
  • GCLyds
    GCLyds Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I just finished P90X and I started Insanity. I am in pretty good shape, but I found it pretty tough. However I think if you are not in good shape, and you do your best, even if you start out doing each move for like 5 seconds only, you will see results and your stamina will improve.
  • jaxxie
    jaxxie Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    It's tough, no joke...and it's all cardio. Month 2 will make the first month look like a cakewalk, lol! I think it's worth it if you are looking for an all cardio workout. I couldn't/didn't do any lifting during the 2nd month as I was just too tired and wasn't able to give it my all if I was also going to the gym. That was just my experience. Good luck!
  • ajsmommy2010
    Options
    I have been doing Insanity for a little while and LOVE it. I am also starting a 60 challenge on the 7th with insanity. When I started out I was so not in shape but as long you give it your all each time you will get better. Your stamina will get better and you WILL eventually be able to finish it. Thanks to my great results I am now a coach.
  • 1Fizzle
    1Fizzle Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    The program incorporates high intensity cardio movements followed by a short rest period, then another high intensity period and so on. Insanity uses a variety of jumps, lunges, body weight exercises etc. There is a lot of vertical and lateral movements. It is tough, but you can go at your own pace until you learn the movements.
  • TheConsciousFoody
    TheConsciousFoody Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I am out of shape and have never really done anything like this...and I am almost done with week 4. I love it. I have lost almost 20 pounds and I have lost inches all over. I can now run when I am on the treadmill because I am slowly being able to push myself further. I love it and I am glad I started it. Anyone who tells you not to do it because you're out of shape...don't listen. If I can do it, you can do it. I also have asthma and I am able to get through them. Can I do it as fast as the perfectly in shape people in the videos? No, but I never give up and I keep the proper form
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I finished the first month yesterday and I'm up 2 lbs, down a pant size and down 6% body fat.
    It's a love hate relationship, I look forward to it, it sucks *kitten* when I'm in the middle of it, and I feel effing awesome when it's over.

I'm 5'5", 156, female, 30 yrs old.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Starting week 4 tomorrow,and I was hooked from the first week. Luckily I had already been exercising for about 8 months before I started,because I couldn't imagine undertaking such a program as a newbie to exercise. The thing I like the most about Insanity is that it's a challenge,. Because of this, you never get bored. Within 5 minutes of the warmup, you're already dripping in sweat. However,the feeling of accomplishment that you get after completing the workout is unexplainable. With that being said, There's a ton of jumping involved so if you have bad joints, you might want to reconsider.
  • Kempossible
    Kempossible Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Yes. It works! Im am starting week 4 and since Ive started I have dropped two pants size, 4% Body fat and my endurance has gone through the roof. I cant do every exercise perfectly but I do my best. Ive gotten these results minus the diet plan. So I am sure if I were to follow the diet plan, I would have much better results. Good Luck to you!
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I have it and tried it for about 2 weeks and my knees could not withstand it.
  • rachaelps
    rachaelps Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I just bought it on sale today! Starting with the Fit Test tomorrow!
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I am going to hopefully be getting it here soon. bump.
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,077 Member
    Options
    a woman I work with loves it and she is in her 50s, I just bought it for my son for Christmas I was thinking of trying it with him.
  • losininlakeview
    losininlakeview Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am just finishing week 3 of insanity and I've seen huge results...not on the scale, but in the way I feel and my endurance. I have arthritis in both knees, and during the second week I had to modify some moves so I didn't hurt much, but didn't change anything the 3rd week and my knees actually feel fine...I notice that during week 1, I struggled with all the moves, during week 2 I HURT and it was torture, then week 3 seemed to be much easier and I could actualy do the moves and felt the muscles getting stronger (the two weeks previous it felt like my heart and lungs gave out before my large muscle groups).

One other thing I like about Insanity is that Shawn T is an awesome motivator, and everytime I feel like I can't go on anymore, we stop for a rest and I can get rested just enough to start again.

Also, I started from 'running/walking' 3 times a week for about 30 minutes, and I'm 30+ pounds overweight and if I can do it, so can you!!