I need people who are dedicated to fitness.

Options
Here's where I'm at. I used to weigh 250lbs, now i weigh 220lbs and I want to get to 180. I am 30 years old and used to be an athlete and I'm working to get back to that level of fitness. I will do it. I know this. But I am surrounded by people who would rather be eat a meal with you than ever talk about health and fitness. I am looking to have someone in my life to have that sort of dedication with me. we can talk about diet and exercise and fitness, and our health. I talk to others about these things And they look at me like I started speaking another language.
These people would rather enable me to live an unhealthy life.
So if you are dedicated to making health a partof your life. Message me, tell me about where you want to be snd how you want to get there. I care.

If you are only using this for few days because of some New Years resolution I'm not here for you.

Replies

• kenna44cat
    kenna44cat Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Be patient, Clarke. Let's realize other people have their own agendas, too, but I'm in the same boat, however, am a senior woman interested in fitness, and don't have a lot of acquaintances who are. but they're out there. Be patient and wait until the holidays are over.:smile:
  • kenna44cat
    Options
    What I'm doing? I walked 8000 steps yesterday, walk a lot because I don't have a car. I gave away my scale about two months ago, don't have a television set or a microwave. Rather minimalist. I've started wearing my pedometer. You can find out more about me if you go to my profile. Joined a 100 Days Challenge that a MFP friend directed me to, I can give you the link if you like but it doesn't start until jan. 2nd. I belong to a gym, take karate, think that's fun. Am about 10 - 15 pounds overweight.
  • danamariers
    danamariers Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    TIMMY!!
  • clarkegagnon
    clarkegagnon Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Timmy?
  • danamariers
    danamariers Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Sorry it's a "South Park" reference- albeit a bad one, but makes me chuckle
  • clarkegagnon
    clarkegagnon Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    That's it ? No one really dedicated to fitness? Anyone in here actually going to do this for more than two weeks?

IF YOU WANT TO MAKE A CHANGE IN HOW MUCH YOU ARE GOING TO WEIGH FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE, YOU NEED TO MAKE A CHANGE THAT LASTS FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    you should look into joining groups.. exactly what are you doing?

i'm on here not because i've never been dedicated to fitness. i'm also a former athlete (rugby, sprinting and powerlifting) but i've always been even more dedicated to eating.. a lot . :laugh:

but as someone who's continually worked out while i gained weight (albeit not as much as i did when i was an athlete), weight loss is more about food than your exercise. although it's very possible that i would have been 130 pounds overweight instead of 65 the way i used to eat.

what am i doing at the moment? strength training (strong lifts, olympic lifts and crossfit), swimming, running, and HIIT. soon i plan on starting capoeira again as well as indoor rock climbing since my crossfit box also has climbing walls
  • squishy2981
    Options
    I see where you are coming from. I'm big on fitness and health, have been my whole life. I understand what it means to be an athlete, I played volleyball for 15 years, including 4 years in college, track for four years, rowing for one in college. I've been the MVP of every sport I played, I went to college on a full ride, I made 1st Team All-American for rowing and last year was inducted into my collegiate athletic Hall of Fame. So believe me, I get how how hard it is to discuss this with your friends, especially if none of them come from a seriously athletic backround.

I've been a pretty large girl my whole life, got down to 12% body fat in college but have always weighed in the 180's with a lot of muscle packed on. I had foot surgery about a year and a half ago, which caused me to be unable to exercise. The surgery also gave me Complex Regional Pain Syndrome which effects my entire right leg from the knee down. So, in the time I couldn't exercise, I got up to 195 pounds. This did not make me happy.

Now, I'm battling all my leg issues and I row on my rowing machine before work every day, and then circuit train every night after work. I'm not very big on taking time off from exercising. Since hitting it this hard, I am down to 172 pounds and I feel pretty good. I have a bachelor's of science degree and I have been an athlete for as long I can remember, so if you're looking for someone to chat about fitness with, I'm here for ya buddy!
  • LifeIsNotADressRehearsal
    Options
    Hi! Happy to be a friend! Very committed! Or at least should be! It's late on a Sunday and may be why you're not getting a lot of replies. There are some awesome people on here!
  • _stephanie0
    _stephanie0 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    TIMMY!!

:drinker:

i definitely read it like in south park. hahaha
  • fiercekindness
    fiercekindness Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am very passionate about health & fitness. Sure we could be buddies!~
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    Sorry you are not getting any responses. Look at my profile and if you like what you see feel free to send a FR.
    My list is full of dedicated people. One thing I should mention is that while I am dedicated, I also like to have fun. I believe in moderation and no deprivation. You will see all of this on my profile.
  • TheGlen
    TheGlen Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    It looks like we a lot in common (former athletes, work too much, want to get in shape for the wife/kids, etc). I'm always looking for more friends who are serious about getting into shape.

I've signed up for a Tough Mudder in May, so I'm using that as one of my current motivations.
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Hello,

You can add me if you like. I'm very serious about my fitness, and about to get more serious. Look at my side by side in my profile picture for proof. I've been at this for 12 months straight now, with no end in sight. I've stuck to exercise (cardio and strength training) 4-6 times per week, I've worked with a personal trainer, stuck to calorie goals, learned to make healthier choices, trained for and ran a 5K....I've made more progress in the past 12 months than I've made in my WHOLE LIFE. This is not a diet for me, this is a lifestyle change. I'll never go back to the way I used to be. I also get it when you talk about how others look at you like you're speaking a different language when you start to talk about health and fitness. It's like their eyes just glaze over and they just nod their heads.There are not many people in my life I can talk to about this either so I totally understand. And the few people that do listen try what you said for a couple days...then give up. It's disappointing really.

I would urge you, though, to re-consider adding "New Years Resolutioners" as friends. Look at my join date.... :wink: Here I stand, half way to my goal. Not everyone falls off the track. At least give people the benefit of the doubt. There are many serious people here, you just have to look around :smile:
  • kenna44cat
    Options
    I don't really make new year's resolutions unless losing those holiday pounds counts, I think December is a bad month for weight loss and exercise all around for most of us and January can be a new start. I'm doing fine and joined my gym again a couple of weeks ago, also am using the small gym in the apartment building here for weight lifting and treadmill. Easy does it as they say. How are you doing, Clarke? I find tracking nutrients and calories with MFP amazing. Very happy to see spring coming, too.