I'm 30 and falling apart!

Options

Replies

• TXGirl821
    Options
    Oh, you youngster. ;) Last year I noticed my health was SERIOUSLY declining. Even my mobility was being compromised. So I waddled on into the gym at the beginning of June. It's AMAZING what working out regularly has done for my health. The scale may be moving slowly, but I'm sure not anymore! Welcome to MFP!!
  • SmilesIowa
    Options
    I know it all comes down to me, that's the hard part :) I'm inspired by all of you that have lost weight, that's great. I've never lost more than 20-25 lbs, but I have a good feeling about this year! :) I think it will be easier now that I see how much support is here. Thanks everyone!
  • amandaspriet
    Options
    here here sister, lets do this together, i just signed up today with hopes to become healthier and develope some great friendships!!!
  • SmilesIowa
    Options
    I just signed up today too, hello fellow newbie!
  • MizVandyk
    MizVandyk Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    welcome! I turned 30 recently too! Your no falling apart =) This is a great place to help stay on track!! good luck!
  • lmdarr97
    lmdarr97 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am 34 and just starting this weight loss journey again. I have never taken it too serious before but am ready to this time! I also just got a kindle and am from Iowa (I'm guessing from your user name). What pushed me to take it serious this time was my dad having a heartattack and my 37 year old brother having a stroke. Our family was blessed with both of them surviving with no ill effects, but it has opened my eyes! I have a husband and 3 young kids to live for not to mention I love life! Great meeting you and good luck!
  • SmilesIowa
    Options
    Thank you, good luck to you too! We can do it!
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Our bodies click off hormones without our permission. That is one of the reasons people of certain ages have common features. The problem is that sometimes it can leave us feeling short changed.
    Have you seen a DR?
  • heygirl1000
    heygirl1000 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You will love it! when I was dedicated to it! I was dropping weight and I was not even trying! Good Luck to you! You always have us if you ever need help!
  • SmilesIowa
    Options
    I have talked to the doctor and he really wants me to try and do it the old fashioned way, really give it a try (he knows my struggle, he's been my doctor since I was little). If that doesn't work or I still feel blah, then he said we'll go the next step. I did have blood work done awhile ago and I'm on the border of a few things, so I hope getting active and eating better will help me get those numbers down!
  • Poorgirls_Diet
    Poorgirls_Diet Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    This time next year you will be asking yourself 'did I really write that?' All the best to you hun
  • heygirl1000
    heygirl1000 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hey I agree with you it is not a DIET it is a lifestyle change!!! Since I have been back on my lifestyle change I cant believe the difference in the way I feel! It is truly amazing!
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    It's not the age that ravishes our health but our lifestyles.
    I punished my health terribly.
    Though I lost the weight, it will take years still before I am fully recovered.
    You are in fine company.
    Let's push through together; success is our choice, and everybody can work to turn around negative trends no matter the challenges or setbacks.
    Glad you're here; let do this :drinker:

All Is Possible!
  • SueB3136
    SueB3136 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I started using My Fitness Pal when I saw a photo of myself in July, 2012. I was 34, about to turn 35 and could not believe that I let myself go like that! I made a pact with a friend to do this together and I can not rave enough about this site!

I know for all of you just starting out, it is tough... you may want to stop... but don't! Keep pushing through and before you know it Spring / Summer will be here and you will be so happy you stuck it out. I am close to 6 months in this and am down 23 lbs... I have 13 more to go - my goal weight! What I found that is the most helpful, is having pals to do this with. I am not a big exercise person but I try to walk 10,000 steps a day. Get a good pedometer, and download Map My Run (or another walking app that syncs to your cell)... and get your body moving. Track everything on here and before you know it... you get in an amazing groove. I am here for anyone who needs support! You are not in this alone!!! Do this for yourself not only to look and feel good but to get healthy and take care of yourself!

Susan
    Philadelphia, PA
  • crazy4lulu
    crazy4lulu Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    we are all on here for one reason or another. keep fightin the good fight and it will be you giving the encouraging words soon enough to someone else who need to hear them. Have a happy and healthy 2013!!!
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP.! I have lost 112 pounds and I firmly believe MFP is the tool that helped me more then anything. : )
  • SmilesIowa
    Options
    The kind words, words of wisdom, and inspiration have been awesome on here! I'm adding a lot of you as friends because maybe that's been my problem, trying to do this all on my own. I hope we can all get healthier this year!
  • terrygran
    Options
    I am back after falling off the wagon. Feel free to add me!
  • Nachi87
    Nachi87 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just signed up this afternoon as well. Knowledge really is power. Counting calories is on point....all the best
  • SmilesIowa
    Options
    Thanks! I'm excited to see what the next month brings me! I'm trying to be realistic and set small goals this time around...we'll see how that works!