Is this a really bad idea

Options
Long story short lovelies, I developed an eating disorder and lost too much weight. Despite efforts to gain, I'm still 8 pounds underweight and unhappy with how I look (small boobs/boney.)

Does this mean I get to eat ANYTHING? I think I've been scaring my family today, because while normal I eat super healthy-I've been eating non stop pure crap since 8AM like I'm talking 4000 calories before dinner....I Want to gain weight, but know doing this to my body prob ain't healthy.....what should I do? Is it okay to crazy *kitten* binge?

Replies

• hafdis
    hafdis Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    uhh I don't think binging is ever healthy lol not matter in what form...
    If you keep eating healthy but throw in a snickers here that might help lol
  • Playingwithfire89
    Options
    But see the prob is I tired that! I was eating 2500 calories a day for a week and LOST weight:((
  • hafdis
    hafdis Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    hmm what about protein shakes that buil muscle
  • Playingwithfire89
    Options
    Idk, I think maybe I undereat just so I I can binge when I want. I love the feeling of just eating non stop as much as u want and anything I want.....
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    3000-4000 calories, 150+ grams of protein, and some sort of resistance or weight training so that some of that gained weight is muscle and you will be less tempted to lose again.
  • MaggieSporleder
    MaggieSporleder Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Definitely try to get some more protein and maybe talk to your dr?
  • s0devi0us
    s0devi0us Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    protein shakes, and protein bars. also, pediasure. you want to make sure you are getting the right nutrition! good luck. (:
  • lorcart
    lorcart Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    An eating disorder doesn't only mean UNDEReating OR OVEReating. Sounds like you need to develop a healthier relationship with food. Trust me, I COMPLETELY get the "all or nothing" thing...but going the other direction isn't any healthier.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options

Unfortunately, no such thing exists.
  • LoveMyLife_NYC
    LoveMyLife_NYC Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Talk to your doc and up your calories little by little. No one said you had to put on 8 pounds by tomorrow. If you binge, you'll be unhappy with your body for the opposite reasons, and will probably find yourself in an unhealthy cycle.
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Idk, I think maybe I undereat just so I I can binge when I want. I love the feeling of just eating non stop as much as u want and anything I want.....

yeah... see that's a problem and you need to get help. Sorry to be blunt.
  • ducoteycd
    ducoteycd Posts: 26 Member
    Options

Unfortunately, no such thing exists.

Exactly what went through my head when I read this lol

But OP I would just gradually increase the calories and keep track of your weight week by week and make adjustments accordingly. And like others have said, I'm sure talking to your doc could help.
  • Ghette
    Ghette Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Ummm, you need to seek professional advice. Good luck!
  • __Jamie__
    __Jamie__ Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Resistance training along with some isolated (my preference) protein shakes which will aid your muscle repair, and if you're really so hungry that you can consume 4000 calories before lunch, try eating 4000 calories worth of veg. Just eat the **** out of any veg that you like until you're full. You'll gain weight but healthily, rather than by binging on real unhealthy snacks & the like - that's not good for you & I think everyone on here would hate to see you become a skinny fat girl because you'd given up.
  • axialmeow
    axialmeow Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    No. eat above maint. and healthy foods.