NSV for running

Options
jzammetti
jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
I've been running since August of this year. I raced a 5k in late October and didn't finish last (actually, a PR pace for me that day) and caught the race bug!

I have signed up for my first HM in May and today I ran my farthest distance yet - 10 miles! I am pretty proud of myself and I wanted to say that if I can do this - ANYONE CAN.

Replies

• marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    That's great! I started running earlier this year..... ran my first half marathon on nov 10, and my second on December 9th. :) it's an amazing feeling! I've run some 10k's and 5k's too..... they're all fun. and I agree, if I can do this anyone can!!

SW 303.4
    CW 186.6
    5'6'', 30 y/o
    start date 1/1/11. :)
  • TattedCharli
    TattedCharli Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome! I have walked a few 5ks but would love to run one some day. Best of luck with your 10k!!
  • TattedCharli
    TattedCharli Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    If you dont mind me asking, how much did you ladies weigh when you started running? Just curious.
  • yourenotmine
    yourenotmine Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I keep wanting to run, but I just find that it hurts. Maybe someday I'll get there too. :)
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Awesome :D! Running is my method of choice. I haven't signed up for a half yet, but I love 5k's and trail running. Yay for the race bug!
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    The rocks!
  • JennaL890
    Options
    That is such a wonderful accomplishment! Great job! I grew to love running too. Now run about 6 miles 4-5 days a week and am running a half marathon during the summer. Keep up the awesome work!
  • jzammetti
    Options
    If you dont mind me asking, how much did you ladies weigh when you started running? Just curious.

I was about 150...but I should have started sooner. ;)
  • jzammetti
    Options
    That's great! I started running earlier this year..... ran my first half marathon on nov 10, and my second on December 9th. :) it's an amazing feeling! I've run some 10k's and 5k's too..... they're all fun. and I agree, if I can do this anyone can!!

SW 303.4
    CW 186.6
    5'6'', 30 y/o
    start date 1/1/11. :)

AWESOME. I am terrified and super excited all at the same time. lol
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Congrats and good luck with your HM! I'm addicted too. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!