Help DVD program for beginner-- want weights not all cardio

Options
I keep seeing references to insanity p90x Jillian 30 day shred Chalean

I am looking for something that isnt all cardio as I've bought quite a few of them and I am too uncoordinated to keep up.

Would really like something that uses weights..... But also don't want to go spending money on something and find its tooooo much cardio

Your experience and expertise is greatly appreciated...... I tried to search for a thread on this and couldn't find this

Thanks!

Replies

• MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I like "The Firm" series. It's great for beginners and intermediates! It's milder than Chalean and 30DS, and has modifications for just about every move. It incorporates more strength training than cardio, and you only have to buy minimal equipment. :flowerforyou:
  • Amy_Lynn74
    Amy_Lynn74 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Some of Leslie Sansone's Walk at home series uses weights. My favorite one is Burn Body Fat & Sculpt Your Arms. There are 6 basic moves so it isn't really complicated and it only cost about 10 bucks. There are 3 different workouts on the DVD; a 1 mile one, a 2 mile one and a 3 mile one.
  • Keto_T
    Keto_T Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    X-TrainFit At Home Workout - Women's Complete Fitness - 8 DVDs (2010) on Amazon. I bought this one a few months ago. I've just done the cardio and the circuit DVDs. The trainer is annoying but the moves aren't dance-y and you don't have to be coordinated to do it. It's 8 DVDs for less than $30. Sort of P90x or Insanity-esque working different body parts.
  • msmollygp
    msmollygp Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Biggest Loser 30 Day Jump Start, Biggest Loser Power Sculpt, Biggest Loser Boot Camp incorporate weights into the routines. I found them at Walmart for about $10 each. The 30 day and Boot Camp do have cardio in them but it is geared for beginners and is easy to keep up.
  • auntiemsgr8
    auntiemsgr8 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Jilian has a beginners dvd that has two workouts - one for front of the body muscles and one for the back and each has 6 circuits. There are about 3 moves per circuit done three times. One is cardio and the other two are done with weights or bands. I got mine in BJs for about $8.
  • tlatrice13
    tlatrice13 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Cathe Friedrich has awesome strength training workouts.

Your best bet would be to check out collagevideo.com. There you can do searches based on the type of workout (aerobic, toning, or aero-tone) as well as the impact type (high or low impact) and fitness level (beginner, intermediate or advanced). You can also watch CLIPS OF EVERY WORKOUT to see if it's something you might enjoy. Most clips are between 1 and 2 minutes. Check them out!
  • FrustratedYoYoer
    FrustratedYoYoer Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    The Firm's Total Body Toner is purely weights and no cardio. It gives good results too. Most of the other Firm dvds alternate weights and cardio if you still would like to have some cardio in there
  • DebraYvonne
    DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    bump -- uncoordination is my issue too! I prefer bootcamp types because the moves are not complicated!!
  • CmeATtheGym
    CmeATtheGym Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Check out your neighborhood library. Borrow the fitness video's to see if you like them first. Then buy if you like it enough or continue to borrow to change up your workouts.
  • curvygirl77
    curvygirl77 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Try supreme 90, it's not dancey at all, uses weights and it's aboyt 15.00 bucks. For ten DVDs.
  • beanerific518
    Options
    Jackie Warner Xtreme Timesaver Training DVD will whoop your butt. This is more metabolic conditioning with weights.