The older I get the harder it is for me to diet

Options
Hi,

I am new to this site. I'm preparing to start my first low carb diet tomorrow. It goes against everything I have been taught, but I have saw many people who have had great success with it. I'm trying to wrap my head around it. Wish me luck!

Replies

• bdenitto
    bdenitto Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Good luck!
  • KatieSchoey
    Options
    I just spent some time chatting with some friends of mine and yes they too are getting started on the low carb plan
  • AndiNorwich
    Options
    Good luck! At least you are taking the steps to better yourself. I'm sure you will tweak your path as you go, that's the mark of a good adventurer!
  • China37
    China37 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I started low carb on Thursday...right slam in the middle of the week. It is a strange diet but it worked for me in the past...I jumped started with less than 25 carbs a day for 2weeks and then I made sure not to do more than 50 per week. I'm still debating if I'm going to stick with this all the way but so far so good.
    I'm suppose to start the 17 day diet on the 1st.
    What is your routine like?
  • srd2b
    srd2b Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! Once I hit 45 my weight loss has been a struggle. Good luck! You can do it! Just keep your head in it and surround yourself with supportive people. These are wonderful message boards offering a lot of support and motivation.
  • flatblade
    flatblade Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I've lost weight before but I have done better this time. I'm an empty nester and the ability to focus without distractions makes up for the slowed metabolism IMHO.