Anyone else remember the 60's?

Options
Hi - I've been on MFP for a couple of years, but never took advantage of the friends feature. Now, I really would like to meet some encouraging, motivating, accountability pals in my age group. I'm a woman using keto/low carb for epilepsy & blood sugar control, and I want to kick up the weight loss a couple of notches by adding high-intensity cardio and weights. Want to share your journey, too?

Replies

• Susanm1943
    Susanm1943 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I remember the 60's......also the 50's where I got my first taste of rock 'n roll. Anyone else remember "Soldier Boy"? I've been on MFP for only 5 weeks & I'm really trying but find it extremely difficult to stick to 1200 calories. I manage exercise on some days but not enough.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    You know what they say - if you remember the 60s, you weren't there. haha
    But I remember. I was a teenager as of January 1967.
  • cuterbee
    cuterbee Posts: 545
    Options
    I remember the 60s...I was going to grow up and marry Ringo!

I really hadn't tried to lose weight (or really been all that much overweight) until I exacerbated a back problem I was born with back in 2005. The day before I enrolled here, I had finally seen a neurosurgeon; apparently there's a surgical fix for me but I really should lose 40 lbs first (makes the surgery much easier on me). The pain is enough that I can't walk fast or far and anything that requires me to be on my feet is difficult. So...here I am! I can't tell you how nice it would be to go dancing again.
  • phyllisgehrke
    phyllisgehrke Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I remember the 60s and 50s.
    I was born in Venice California and lived close to Muscle Beach.

I remember all of the Beach movies with Annette Funicello and Paul Anka.
    Used to go to the beach all of the time and loved to watch the body builders and Surfers.

My husband and I still listen to the DooWop Music.