alli

Options
has anyone tried alli and does it work whats the side effects

Replies

• AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Basically you poop yourself all day. Since you're not absorbing any fats, they kind of just slide right out of you.
  • BrunetteRunner87
    BrunetteRunner87 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I didn't have the poop problem when I took it for a while but my stomach always felt sick.
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    What she said. I took it for a few months a few years ago. It's not pleasant. If you are going to try it I suggest you stay near a bathroom if you aren't going to cut fat out of your diet. Personally, I don't like diet pills anymore. I've lost this much on my own now. I did lose about 15 on alli when I took it before I joined MFP, but I gained it back as soon as I stopped taking it. I feel more accomplished doing it without help.
  • LiqueLique89
    LiqueLique89 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I use it....it helps you monitor you're fat intake (i started using it because i was always going over my fat; like 102g a day...not good). The only side effect i had was [when i had too much fat at a meal/for the day] an oily spotting that accompanied gas. After this happening twice, i've learned to really pay attention to how much fat i eat.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Another MFP member said it best a while back - Alli is dieting through fear. I guess that works for some people, but I personally don't make good long term plans/decisions when I'm scared.
    Alli is a fat blocker, so I guess it makes the fat you eat pass through you? But you can't eat too much fat or you'll *kitten* your pants? I'm a little sketchy on the details. I guess for me it doesn't make sense, because fat doesn't make you fat.....you actually need it in your diet, so why try to block it? Save your money and use MFP to create a well-rounded, moderate diet that allows you freedom and gives you results. That sounds much better than fear.
  • traccie2
    traccie2 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Dieting and losing weight is a combination of things. Taking in fewer calories, fats, and carbs; and exercising. The idea is that with a normal person in good physical health, those 2 things combined will equal healthy weight loss and a healther person. However, sometimes this is not always the case.

No, Alli is not a miracle pill nor is it the way to lose weight, but it IS a supplemental "tool" that can work for some people. People who might need that first boost of self esteem and sense of accomplishment. And people who cannot exercise or have very low metabolism.

To those of you who can exercise and get your heart rate up be thankful every time you walk, run, ride, or hit the gym. Because some of us can't walk down the driveway on some days or stand longer than fifteen minutes. I'm personally very excited about taking Alli and so is my doctor. After losing 170 lbs on my own over the last several years I have had to sell my bike, my tennis rackets, my inline skates, and traded my New Balance for a soft couch, a heating pad and a future of anti-inflamatories and muscle relaxers. Not to mention possible surgery.

Of course it may not work for me and I may end up sliding my way to work instead of driving the car, but I'm willing to take that chance. Sure beats lap-band and bypass surgeries.

So yes, I'll poop my pants and fear my farts for the opportunity to finish this journey I started about ten years ago. If anyone wants to start a panty fund for me, I'm game! ***grin***
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    If anyone wants to start a panty fund for me, I'm game! ***grin***

:laugh: That's kind of awesome.