In Connecticut with nothing to motivate

Options
Well, er...
I go by Chace...
I'm not really sure what should be put in here, but I thought I'd post while I realised this was here...

I'm new to the adult world, but am very self-concious.
My weight and height don't exactly flatter me, but I wish to grow comfortable with my physical body, so I hope to drop quite a bit of weight...

I guess that's really all I can think of to say; ask if you wish, I guess....

Replies

• lindseygriffith27
    lindseygriffith27 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi I read your post. Are you currently following a diet plan or workout plan?
  • ljwringer4
    Options
    No ma'am.
    As I've stated in the Original Post, I'm incredibly self-concious: living with 4+ other members in a small, one-bedroom apartment doesn't quite help with home fixes.

Currently, my physical exercise consists of a 1.8 mile walk to school, and 1.8 mile walk back on school days.
  • lindseygriffith27
    lindseygriffith27 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Well walking is a great way to get started. Try taking a longer route home or try walking it faster.

Nutrition wise - start watching what you eat. If a food can last for awhile its bad for you. If it can go bad its good for you. It helps to really think about what you are eating. Ask yourself if what you are fueling your body with will help you get to where you want to be?
  • ljwringer4
    Options
    I would gladly do that, if I had the time...
    I already get up at 5, and leave the house by 6. It take me almost an hour and a half-- often times JUST making the final bell for class at 7:35 --to get there.
    On my way back home, I leave the school at 2:15 and don't get back until almost 4:30, making shopping stops and application stops on the way back.

Hmm.
    Would there be anything in specific that you would suggest as "good" to eat?
    We tend to be on a bit of a tight budget, due to unemployment in all members of the household. [between 4 and 9 members in the apartment at all times, and only $500 a month available for food]. Perhaps a few specifics might be helpful for now?
  • xoveronica
    xoveronica Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I would focus on the amount of calories as well. Tracking food help to keep a person accountable for the food he or she may eat. Staying within your calorie goal is a good place to start. When I first started I could believe the amount of calories I ate that did not keep me full. As I have gone through this journey I eat foods that will keep me full longer and no longer crave fast foods like I did at first.