girls! what facial products do u use?.. help :)

Options
lovelyMYlovely
lovelyMYlovely Posts: 1,066 Member
well i have been noticing that lately my skin has been very dry... i barely wear make-up but when i do it shows that i have dry patches even if i put a lotion on my face.. also i see dark circles under my eyes that sink in... what can i do? what products do u guys use?
what aging products REALLY work?
or are there natural options i can do to help my face because im kinda broke..
thank u girls...!!

Replies

• LetsMakeupXtina
    LetsMakeupXtina Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Hi babe I mostly use olay regenerist line of products :) cetaphil cleanser. I am also a HUGE fan of dermalogica products, though they are on the pricier side.
  • lovelyMYlovely
    Options
    do they really work though? I REALLY WANT STUFF THAT WORKS WELL LOL because guys.. im aging quickly... lol.. im not gonna get botox at 30.. ill wait till im 40 for that hehe!!
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    At night I use Maracuja Oil from Tarte. It has kept my face very nice and smooth and I have been able to avoid the dryness experienced in the winter.

Morning, I use a lotion by Origins or the one by Ole Henriksen (truth Creme Advanced Hydration).
  • LetsMakeupXtina
    LetsMakeupXtina Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    i think the olay regenerist products work very well if used every day! also, for a cheap yet effective and all natural toner i use witch hazel with rose water.
  • lovelyMYlovely
    Options
    i think the olay regenerist products work very well if used every day! also, for a cheap yet effective and all natural toner i use witch hazel with rose water.
    ok so olay... its the one in the red package right?... also what is a toner?..sorry lol
  • susybon
    susybon Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I use coconut oil. It works great, all natural and not pricey. Three wins!
  • kstrunk1
    kstrunk1 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I use the Natrulift line from The Body Shop and am thrilled with what it has done for my skin. They will soon be changing the name of the line to Pomegranate so there are some great deals in store if you have one near you. BTW, I'm 43.
  • horseplaypen
    horseplaypen Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    For dry patches, I use straight jojoba oil, I just rub it in as often as I need to. Argan oil works too. :) I had nasty dry scaly patches after suffering a bout of facial dermatitis last summer, and the jojoba really helped. (edit: someone else suggested coconut oil... another winner in my experience)

For overall aging, honey is supposed to work wonders. I haven't used it consistently enough to see a difference, but my mother-in-law uses it and I have noticed years come off her face! She uses raw honey and smears it on her face at night like a mask and lets it sit from 2-10 minutes, depending on how much time she has, then rinses it off.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    well i have been noticing that lately my skin has been very dry... i barely wear make-up but when i do it shows that i have dry patches even if i put a lotion on my face.. also i see dark circles under my eyes that sink in... what can i do? what products do u guys use?
    what aging products REALLY work?
    or are there natural options i can do to help my face because im kinda broke..
    thank u girls...!!
    I have rosacea, plus my skin flakes really bad after being exposed to cold air. Then, make up sticks to it and it looks awful! The only thing I have found that works to prevent it and improve it, is Eucerin's Intensive repair body CREAM. It's in a little tub with a turquoise lid and hard to find. I have to buy it off Amazon, for about $5.00 or so. You only need a very tiny bit and just put it on the affected areas. If you use too much, it's too greasy. It has something in it to slowly remove the flakes and regenerate new skin. I'm sorry, but I forget what that is called, I have the flu and I'm too lazy to look it up. lol
    I've been using it for a few years now and it's been a Godsend for me. Plus, I look much younger than I am. :)
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I use a kiehl face moisterizer. They recently have a midnight brand that is suppose to help rejuvinate your face and one for under your eyes. I got the one for under the eyes, but havne't yet tried it.
  • jennfranklin
    jennfranklin Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I use organic extra virgin coconut oil! I absolutely love it! I put it on at night and let it soak in! I wake up glowing and smooth!
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I'm 26, I have dark circles under my eyes and recently shifted to having normal/dry skin.

Cleansers:

- Philosophy Purity Made Simple Cleanser (this is ok - not a huge fan)
    - DDF Brightening Cleanser (LOVE - but it's pricey)
    - Ole Henrikson Anti-Aging Gel Cleanser (There is a travel sized bottle for $10, a little goes a long way, and it lasts awhile)

Exfoliators:

- Face Brush from the Body Shop ($3)

Treatments:

- The Body Shop Aloe Protective Serum (daytime)
    - The Body Shop Seaweed Mattifying Daycream with SPF 15 (SPF is the key to anti-aging skin care, if you tan or go without sunprotection you will prematurely age yourself)
    - The Body Shop Vitamin E Serum (Night time)
    - Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing lotion (This is a great moisturizer - if you only want to invest in one thing, I reccomend this moisturizer and a sunscreen)

Undereyes:

- Clinique Even Better Undereye Corrector for Dark Circles (I love this stuff - it seriously has put a stop to my dark circles and I've noticed a bit of a reversal to them)

On a budget:

Look for cleansers with mild chemical exfoliators, they do double duty in helping the skin look younger and exfoliating, and will get rid of pesky dry patches. Invest in a good but basic moisturizer, cetaphil and neutrogena both have tons of great options. Invest in sunscreen. SUNSCREEN IS A MUST if you don't want to look older, it stops damage from the sun - Neutrogena is also great for this, if you're fair you want SPF 30+. If you want to branch out into specific products, look to the Body Shop. The skincare is great and they ALWAYS have sales.
  • lovelyMYlovely
    Options
    for people who use coconut and other oils does it cause acne?.... lol because my face is weird... im scared of getting acne from oil on face?...
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    for people who use coconut and other oils does it cause acne?.... lol because my face is weird... im scared of getting acne from oil on face?...

I have never had an issue with the maracuja oil
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Very few things work beyond superficial moisturizing. Try sunscreen SPF 50 or higher. Sun damage is what makes you look old. As far as reversing damage, hyaluronic acid works as well as anything else. Many good ones have it as a key ingredient. Loreal revitalift serum is a good one.

But ask any dermatologist, and you'll hear sunscreen.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I wash daily with Lever 2000 soap and use Noxzema every 2 weeks. My older sister swears by witch hazel for dark circles, but she's slightly soft in the head, :laugh:
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Hi babe I mostly use olay regenerist line of products :)

^^^ ditto! It REALLY works for me as well. I use the cleanser (Total Effects 7 in one) & the moisturizer. The moisturizer has SPF in it which is awesome especially that I live in Florida.
  • DamnImASexyBitch
    DamnImASexyBitch Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Very few things work beyond superficial moisturizing. Try sunscreen SPF 50 or higher. Sun damage is what makes you look old. As far as reversing damage, hyaluronic acid works as well as anything else. Many good ones have it as a key ingredient. Loreal revitalift serum is a good one.

But ask any dermatologist, and you'll hear sunscreen.

Absolutely! Sunscreen is key. I'm in my 30s and most people dont guess that correctly because I have great skin. I am religious with the sun screen, and always have been.
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I use a combination of products because my skin is complicated.... I never got acne til I was 27, and now it's like I'm 16! And I put a lot of wear & tear on myself up until 5 years ago - never took care of myself, drank a LOT, etc etc etc. So...I had a lot of work to do. Unfortunately, I also buy the pretty expensive stuff because I had major problems with anything from Garnier, Olay, Aveeno, etc. What I can say is that I constantly pass for 24-26 years old, so I must be doing something right.

Morning:
    Philosophy Purity Face Wash
    Philosophy Hope in a Jar or during the summer, the high-SPF version
    Dermologica Tinted Moisturizer in Light (if I know I'm going wear this, I'll skip the HiaJ)
    (I will also switch off to Loreal's Magic Beauty Balm or MICA, depending on what's going on)

Night:
    Loreal Eye Makeup Remover
    Murad Acne Clarifying Cleanser and/or Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser in the shower
    Murad Acne & Wrinkle Reducer (I will seriously go broke than go with out this, it's an absolute godsend)
    Philosphy Miracle Worker Eye Cream
    Philosophy Miracle Worker cream
    Philosophy Retinol-A pads (once again, SWEAR by it - I started using this in March of this year, and took another 5 years off)

For dark circles - try one of the caffeine roller balls for under your eyes. I used the Garnier one when I was sleeping approx 5 hours a night and no one could tell. I don't know if you have access to one, but you can always order online from them too, but I get amazing deals from Ulta and that helps keep things a bit more affordable. I make my big purchases with a 20% off entire purchase coupon that they give me 3-4x a year, and I get points that give me coupons - I had so many due to a special 10x points day that I got $139 off of all my Christmas shopping there. It's a gigantic pain, but it's really worth it to me to look 15 years younger than I really am. At least until gravity sets in! ;P
  • horseplaypen
    horseplaypen Posts: 442 Member
    Options

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php/topic/141871-the-oil-cleansing-method-highly-recommended/