Snap outta it--doggone it--GET BUSY--no more excuses!

Options
:indifferent:

I've been on a "new thing" for the past month...not counting calories and eating whatever I want to for the past 30 days. Well, I didn't follow-thru 100%. I stopped logging my foods/drinks for the first 15 days or so and got guilty/scared--so I restarted counting and have been eating and drinking whatsoever I wanted to for the past 30 days.

Got on the scale today and {{*cue gloomy & doomish scary music **}}
I've gained a BUNCH of weight. As I've been eating and drinking whatsoever I wanted to for the past 30 days...I've also slacked off exercising too (that wasn't part of the 30 day plan...but laziness/slothfulness got the better of me).

Ugh, all this to say...I'm humbling myself (once again in this battle)...changing my goals and posting my new HIGHER weight and pretty much starting again from scratch actually, it's worse than scratch, because it's more than how much I weighed when I RESTARTED again 95 days ago:cry:--BLAST:ohwell:

So....enough of the pity party--I've GOT to snap the (blank) outta this B.S. (being silly) and do this thing. I'm posting for myself and for those who may be experiencing something similar. Yes, I've been losing the battle--but the war ain't over yet--hmmmph:smile:

Replies

• bigfatbino
    bigfatbino Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    It's the holidays, enjoy it.

I gained weight as well. Didn't count calories, exercise much at all, and of course the numbers showed the difference. But with the holidays over, I'm back to eating better and exercising.

So don't go all beat-yourself-over-the-head-pump-it-up-and-make-it-a-thing about it. It's not the federal tax code, it's a simple equation.

Exercise, + eat right = get healthier.

So you got it, no worries. Just do it.
  • asticoral
    Options
    Glad you caught yourself and stopped the spiral.... the sluggishness and slothiness comes from eating crap, proven fact.

Thing about keeping weight off is that its a never ending life change habit. While I've reached my goal, I still keep track so I know where I am and can balance things out, so I can eat whatever without risking all the effort I've already spent.

Keep on keepin on!
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    The key isn't being strict with yourself all the time, the key is to be honest and just keep logging, even if you are eating anything you want.

It is the lack of consistent logging that causes people to undo their progress, not the lack of eating correctly. Just look at my diary from yesterday! Yeah, I went a little crazy but I'm not worried about it.

Your food and exercise diary are your road map to losing weight. How are you going to get where you want to be if you don't use your map?

Sure, it's fun to get off track every now and again, but you have to know where you are in order to get to where you wish to be.
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    We all have our holiday slacking. I refuse to step on the scale right now :grumble: . Just start again and move forward. My biggest motivation this time of year are all the race/ride registrations that open up in January. I register now for things so that I know I have to train over the rest of the winter.

Don't be too hard on yourself, just get going again!
  • liznotyet
    liznotyet Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    If you fall off the wagon, load it up with vegetables and push it back up the hill.

I love your ticker message "sweat is fat crying."
  • Britfitnessjourney
    Options
    I to got lazy and sluggish. I went on vacation and drank way to many sugary drinks, then came home for the holidays and didnt go to the gym. Instead I made Christmas cookies and ate raw cookie dough! I am to starting at my higher weight again! I feel down and depressed about it, but I cant take it back now, the best I can do is try to learn from it and be a better me! NO more slacking and work towards my goals! Good luck! try to say one positive thing out of this (Like I will work harder) I know it sounds stupid but sometimes a little SELF CONFIDENCE does help get yourself started again!
  • ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    If losing weight was easy, we wouldn't be here. We all fall of the wagon at one time or another. Myself included. I gained 5 pounds over the holidays. So we both need to jump on the wagon together. Good Luck
  • kemmy18301
    kemmy18301 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I think we all can agree over eating for the holiday is the norm. But now your back and just think everyone on here is in the same boat. So let get started on our 2013 slim down. Thanks for posting this, I needed to see I am not alone. have a wonder New Year.
  • tlafrance
    tlafrance Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Total agree ^
  • Rebirth08
    Rebirth08 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    ****It is the lack of consistent logging that causes people to undo their progress, not the lack of eating correctly. Just look at my diary from yesterday! Yeah, I went a little crazy but I'm not worried about it.

Your food and exercise diary are your road map to losing weight. How are you going to get where you want to be if you don't use your map?

Exactly! As I post on my wall, people say 'don't quit, keep going.' And I say 'I'M NOT QUITTING!!! Just being honest about my ups and downs. If we try to hide (by not logging) the unhealthy choices, then we will have a harder time of acknowledging where we need help...
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: for your replies!
  • Haima
    Haima Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean! I started last year, and instead of losing weight, I gained! I'm ready to start losing! Feel free to add me as a friend : )
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    The New Year of 2013 holds amazing things for everyone. It's also only a day away. Just get back up and start the new year with a bang!
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I am trying to slow the christmas spiral out of control too. :(
  • s0devi0us
    s0devi0us Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    i know how you feel! except mine has been for the last 3 years! ive only gained 20lbs but still, its always good to grab the bull by the horns and take care of it before it gets worse (: good luck, and anyone who is SERIOUS about this site, PLEASE ADD ME! the more the merrier for supporting, inspiring, and getting motivated!
  • Ghette
    Ghette Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Well at least you know what you did wrong:smile: You have the tools and the will to change. You have access to a great support system. Now go>>>>> don't sit here reading everyone's replies get up and go for a walk, make a meal plan for tomorrow, have a large glass of water. Find that wagon and hold on tight! Maybe buckle up, :bigsmile: the first week back gets a little bumpy :flowerforyou:
  • Sweetfi
    Sweetfi Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I think we all can agree over eating for the holiday is the norm. But now your back and just think everyone on here is in the same boat. So let get started on our 2013 slim down. Thanks for posting this, I needed to see I am not alone. have a wonder New Year.

Yup
  • Sweetfi
    Sweetfi Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Well at least you know what you did wrong:smile: You have the tools and the will to change. You have access to a great support system. Now go>>>>> don't sit here reading everyone's replies get up and go for a walk, make a meal plan for tomorrow, have a large glass of water. Find that wagon and hold on tight! Maybe buckle up, :bigsmile: the first week back gets a little bumpy :flowerforyou:

And this. :)
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options

Oh WOW Ghette---WOW!!!! :heart: :drinker: :heart:

Love this post, you're soooooooo--very RIGHT--with the exception of the blasted "will" part--kinda sorta. Ya know, I KNOW my body now and I KNOW what I need to do to get this flab&fat OFF. It's not so much my eating (neccesarily:tongue: ) ....as my lazy !@#$%^&^*$ not working out and working out HARD. I know that in order for me to lose, I MUST/need to make my fat cry/SWEAT just about everyday. I just haven't "felt" like it:sad: I just haven't felt like giving it the ole one two in the exercise department.

:devil: Blast :devil: , I HATE to say that out loud/fess-up and on here, but that's what the real issue is....
    my $%%^&*@! is :noway: LAZY:yawn: --and that's a huge part of my problem--huge part--it's like my get up and go has got up and left or something. It's like you said...I have EVERYTHING I need, everything I want EVERYTHING--the only thing missing is some doggone fire under my big tail to get GOING and work out something fierce consistently--daily.

yikes...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!