Vacation cheat week

Options
So this is a very odd time. We are at vacation at Disney and for the first time in my 7 months doing this, I'm over for the week, and it will probably be by about 2000 kcals. While I keep telling myself this is the one week I worked all year for (that is I'm eating and drinking what I want to), there still remains a sense of dread.

Replies

• SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    If it were me, I would have a purse-ful (or a suitcase full) off food. . . fruit, granola, trail mix portioned out, little cans of tuna, whole wheat crackers. That way, I could do at least some of my food in a controlled way. If there were a fridge in my hotel, I'd also lay in yogurt. The rest of the time, I'd eat half meals in restaurants and try to choose carefully.
  • thatsnumberwang
    thatsnumberwang Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    2000 calories isn't even a pound. Live a little! Or, failing that, exercise extra next week. Congrats on your streak!
  • DeMayr
    DeMayr Posts: 67
    Options
    Enjoy your vacation, 1 week is nothing, hell I've been off of mine for 1 month now (yes it is a planned break). Taking a diet break is actually recommended, especially if you've been at a deficit for a prolonged period of time, in that case 2 weeks is best. Google Lyle McDonald's "full diet break" and you'll better understand the concept. He's the master of nutrition if you haven't heard of him. His site is called "body recomposition".

Have fun!
  • treagal
    treagal Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it too much, I do think it is important for you to continue tracking because if you like it or not that alone will reduce your calorie intake. Just enjoy yourself and be aware of what you are eating (even if you are 2000cals over). When the week is over, get back to it. NOW GO AND HAVE FUN! :o)
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Get over it. Enjoy yourself. Work hard the following week.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    All that walking that you're doing is more than likely offsetting some of those calories..don't worry about it. Enjoy your vacay
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I was on vacation for 2 weeks in July and was so scared. I had packed my healthy snacks and ate healthy during the day but we ate out every nite for dinner, ack the sodium! Got home, weighed, gained 4 pounds, lost it the next week.

Take the week and enjoy, next week will come all too soon and you'll be back in the drivers seat then! Good luck!
  • questiontheanswers
    questiontheanswers Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I agree - enjoy your vacation! It won't derail your progress. Also, you are walking A LOT more than you do in your normal life while you're at Disney, so you are burning more than you realize. Enjoy your time with your family and get things back on track when you get home. Have a wonderful trip!
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    Enjoy your vacation, 1 week is nothing, hell I've been off of mine for 1 month now (yes it is a planned break). Taking a diet break is actually recommended, especially if you've been at a deficit for a prolonged period of time, in that case 2 weeks is best. Google Lyle McDonald's "full diet break" and you'll better understand the concept. He's the master of nutrition if you haven't heard of him. His site is called "body recomposition".

Have fun!

Agreed. Im off for 3 weeks at the moment. No biggie. It's not the end of the world.
  • Simone_King
    Simone_King Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    IT's a vacation. Enjoy yourself. Worry about the cals later.

It won't harm you to get off for a week. As long as you come back to the real world ready to retart.
  • stephaniern21
    Options
    Stop worrying and embrace your vacation filled with family, food, and drinks while you have it!! Once you get home and bounce back into routine you wont even realize you cheated! :-)
  • corneredbycorn
    corneredbycorn Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Enjoy your vacation. We're going to Disney World in the late spring, on a dining plan no less, and I fully intend to splurge and not track a single calorie. I will use my fitbit though. I'm really curious how much walking we really do while we are there.