Trying again

Options
I've tried several times to lose weight and have had success only to gain it back. I have beaten myself up over that fact on more than one occasion too. The thing is that "diets" don't work. I've read it thousands of times but just didn't want to believe it. However, it is true. Lifestyle changes are what produce lasting results. This site will help me keep track of that...see my successes and help keep me be accountable. I want to feel better about myself, look better in my clothes and be an example for my daughter instead of an excuse. THIS IS MY YEAR!!! :-)

Replies

• StacyPhillipsTSFLcoach
    Options
    Oh WOW have I been there and done that. I used to roll my eyes when people said "it has to be a lifestyle change" and I'd think to myself "Well YEAH, I've been doing it my WHOLE LIFE! (lose-gain-repent-repeat)

So I lost 140 pounds and then gained it back in a year.

But in 2010 I decided to do it one more time, and do the head-work necessary to MAKE it a lifestyle choice. I began a comprehensive program, had a health coach, and lost 130 pounds and have kept it off for over a YEAR! (Loved it so much I BECAME a Health Coach so I can help others!)

Loving. Life. There are no words to describe how great it feels to have finally "gotten" it.

Wishing you the best success!
  • elchild1993
    Options
    I'm right there with you! I've been yo-yo dieting all my life...since I was 13! Nothing will change unless you make a lifestyle change. Fad diets hardly work and when they do, the weight (plus some) always comes back. Good luck on your journey into 2013!
  • Leigh_b
    Leigh_b Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    welcome!
  • SailerSiren13
    SailerSiren13 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm a yo-yo er and the yo is up right now! I get it feel free to add me!
  • tallvanurse
    tallvanurse Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the well wishes and congratulations on your achievements!