Hello, My name is Julie :)

Options
I had tried this last year, and for some reason fell behind because I was too lazy...
Now, I am determined to keep up my daily logs and loose some weight. I would like to make some friends that way I can feel a little more motivated... ( I think that's my problem, lack of motivation ) I will admit it, I tend to get to wrapped up on TV and end up not exercising and also, while cooking I tend to taste here and there and now it has become a problem. I have gained 30lb, and now it feels as if its traumatizing me every time Im getting ready to go out with my family and see how my clothes fit to tight, and now my muffin top is huge! Im sure im not the only one out there with these issues, so I am really looking forward to making new friends and becoming healthy and happy together... :)

Replies

• Jules1484
    Options
    Hi Julie! My name is Julie too and you and I sound very alike when it comes to feeling unmotivated, TV, and the oh so lovely muffin tops!! I tried this once before as well but am determined to stick with it since I'm getting married in September. Add me and we can motivate one another!!!
  • healthychoices1
    Options
    Its good to see Im not the only one with this problem 0.o lol
    Hopefully this time it works for both of us "Julie's" :)
  • ronkelley2
    ronkelley2 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    ad if you like to....................
    i stay home a lot and have year old lab that needs to be walked a lot more than i want to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    Hi Julie! I'm another Julie =) Clearly it's the best name ever. I'm also a homebody.

My advice, find something active you enjoy to do and stick to it =)
  • ilovered89
    Options
    Get rid of your TV service! Lol it may sound too drastic but at least it worked for me. I recently moved to a less expensive apartment with the purpose of saving money. I used to have U-verse on my last apartment but not anymore. Since now i just have basic cable, I'm not so interested in watching tv. I feel free and have more time to do all my daily activities. I started using MFP 2 weeks and I'm already seeing results. I hope I can help! :happy:
  • anonymouslove
    Options
    Hi Julie, I'm new here and you sound ultra friendly so let's be friends:). I'm on the same boat as you in regards to tv watching. Sometimes I would watch something and time would fly by so fast and then i became too lazy to exercise and just keep on dragging the exercise to another day... it is a really bad habit of mine. TV is my temptation, unfortunately. We can help each other stay focus. Currently I'm doing random exercise like star jumps, push ups, planks etc while watching tv. Perhaps you can start with these little steps. Sometimes I will do the exercise and started feeling motivated and end up switching off the tv, pump up the music and just exercise with 100 percent focus instead. Exercising to youtube workout videos are really motivational too! Try it if you haven't done so. Especially the workout with music in them. Or just mute the videos and play your favourite songs instead :D

oh i wrote too much. thats all for now :)
  • Victoriav99
    Victoriav99 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    hi julie! i sent you a request and would love to help motivate!