Scared but hopeful

Options
I've been overweight all my life. I have a multiple of health issues....OSA,fibromyalgia, and thyroid disease. Every doctor I have seen has told me that if I lose weight I will be "cured". I can only hope that I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired enough to do this!

Replies

• rwatts2165
    rwatts2165 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Every big journey starts with that first mile. You can do this and you will do this as long as you want to do it. You cant do it for a doctor or a loved one. Although these people are well meaning when they urge us to make a change it wont be long lasting unless you want it to be. The biggest thing I have found on here is that 1) complete strangers can be some of the most loving and supportive people and 2) every day is not going to be a perfect day but as long as you keep moving forward then you will be ok. I am so glad you started and welcome! Robert/Jax, Florida
  • StacyPhillipsTSFLcoach
    Options
    Hope is not a strategy. It has to be backed up with action. So tell me, ARE you going to do this? Or are you going to continue to wait for your health to deteriorate more and more? You can DO this, but only YOU can do this.

But you gotta believe you can. No one can do that for you. =)

Wishing you the best success!
  • ravenchick
    ravenchick Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I was in the same situation only with different health issues. Losing weight has cured me 100%. Good luck to you!
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Don't be hopeful! Be CONFIDENT!!!! if you make up your mind to do it, you will do it! Be diligent and mindful of your eating. Log everyday. And if you screw up, don't beat yourself up! Just get right back on track immediately. Don't ever wait till tomorrow. Tomorrow never gets here. Do it NOW! success is a state of mind. You CAN do it. It's all up to you! Good luck!
    You can add me if you'd like. I'm on here everyday! I can offer support and encouragement as you begin your journey.
    Nancy
  • naticksdonna
    naticksdonna Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    You've taken the first step - you're reaching out. You hold the answer of whether you're sick and tired enough of being sick and tired. It took me decades to finally figure out that there's no magic to this - it's work - but it's so worth it! And you can only do it for you. So it depends on how much you want it.

So take that second step - set a small goal for yourself and baby step your way to success! You can do this! Feel free to friend me if you like - I'm happy to encourage in any way I can and I can even kick butt at times! But I expect the same from you. Good luck!

Donna
  • justtodayjen333
    justtodayjen333 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Don't be hopeful! Be CONFIDENT!!!! if you make up your mind to do it, you will do it! Be diligent and mindful of your eating. Log everyday. And if you screw up, don't beat yourself up! Just get right back on track immediately. Don't ever wait till tomorrow. Tomorrow never gets here. Do it NOW! success is a state of mind. You CAN do it. It's all up to you! Good luck!
    You can add me if you'd like. I'm on here everyday! I can offer support and encouragement as you begin your journey.
    Nancy

This, this, and this! Smart words of wisdom here! Believe you can do it and you will! Good luck!
  • jlwilliams80
    Options
    First step has been conquered (making this profile) Next step - finding some supportive friends either here or in your everyday life - stay positive! :happy:
  • lilylou50
    Options
    Hi... i think we should be friends.... i have rheumatoid arthritis (since age 20 )and know EXHAUSTION well... ive NEVER had a mind set that there was something I couldn't do... including ...running and aerobics... now at age 48.. it will be walking.. zumba and pool aerobics ... Hey you NEVER KNOW they have BELLY DANCING CLASSES @ the YMCA... ;-)