Losing weight isn't harder than gaining it

Options
kajaknowers
kajaknowers Posts: 113 Member
Throughout the last 3 months I'm very proud of how far I have come....today I went to the park to do some revision wearing a skirt and tank top and felt comfortable in my body....I walked around and was embracing this confidence that I am regaining....Its then it dawned on me that the weight I had gained over 4 years had fallen off me in 3 months.....its when I thought of this I thought weigh loss isn't that difficult....I am totally aware of all the food I am putting in my body and in literally a few months time I will be where I want to be.....young, slim, and most importantly happy.

For everyone on MFP, take the time to recognize your accomplishments and also see how far you have come in a small time.....Some of us can't even remember when we were in a healthy BMI range but each day that goes by brings us closer to our goal.

Keep going guys :)

x

Replies

• amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Go you!
    Im trying to lose the weight I put on whilst writing my dissertation. I spent most of university a size 8, and then in final year shot up to a 14 from being almost chained to my desk. Im halfway to hitting my goal, and know just how you feel :)
  • kajaknowers
    kajaknowers Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Go you!
    Im trying to lose the weight I put on whilst writing my dissertation. I spent most of university a size 8, and then in final year shot up to a 14 from being almost chained to my desk. Im halfway to hitting my goal, and know just how you feel :)

Yeah I put most of that weight on during uni....I have 2 months left so I've lost the weight I gained at uni and some so I feel great x
  • kingon8
    kingon8 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    this is an awesome post really, i gained baby wieght that went up and down and for 2 years i couldnt seem to do much about it, then i got going and lost all of it + in 2 months(after 2 years haha) and i never wouldve looked at it this way but you are so right on!!
  • «lindsay»
    Options
    Really love your perspective. People are always talking about how after you lose you have to be careful b/c one slip up will cause you to gain it all back. And, I know that just b/c it is gone, doens't mean it can't come back, but love your outlook, I may post it on my mirror, if that is okay with the author (you)!! Keep up the great work!!!
  • MommyofLily
    MommyofLily Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Well said! I've been able to lose about 35 lbs since December and I had gained about 40 lbs in 6 months before that. I am finally for the first time in my life doing this the right way, slow and steady, and it's working! I'm about 10 lbs higher than I was when I graduated from college over three years ago and then will have another 20 lbs to go to get down to my high school weight. That's only another ~30 lbs total to lose, which I've already done in just a few months. I'm realizing this is actually doable! Just takes lots of patience and dedication!

Keep up the good work! And congrats on getting back down before you finish school! That's a huge accomplishment!
  • jennylynn84
    jennylynn84 Posts: 659
    Options
    I've thought this too! People keep asking me what my secret is and how I'm doing it all. And it's really so simple: "Pay attention to what you're eating."

I just keep telling them - if you KNEW what you were eating it would be easier to eat healthy. No part of me wants to eat any small item that is 2000 calories all on its own anymore.

And now that I've made a habit out of working out, it feels weird to NOT be at the gym. When it was closed on Sunday for Easter it felt really strange to be resting on a workout day. I mean, I took the day and enjoyed it, but part of me still felt like I forgot something.

I FEEL really good and I am looking SOOOO forward to the future as I continue to lose! It took me like 6 years to get to my previous weight and less than 6 months to get back down! I've still got farther to go to where I WANT to be, but still!
  • Mom2Emery_Liam
    Options
    This so true! Thanks for putting things in perspective! It took me two yrs to gain 25lbs but I fully expect to lose it by the end of the year! Keep up the good work everyone!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I'm the opposite. I gained 30 lbs in 3 months and in 3 months, I've only lost 17 so just over half. I'm going for 40 lbs loss, which will put me 10 lbs. under my lowest weight in the last 5 years.

I feel the same way about the gym, though. I feel like if I'm not there, something's missing in my life!! It's such a routine now and such a big part of my life that I feel weird when I don't work out. Even my rest day is uncommon to me!
  • cfischer81
    cfischer81 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I'm really happy you posted this. You're right. It took me 1 1/2 years to gain 30lbs (back) and only 3 months to lose it! Although, I think people mean harder as in you can't just sit around and eat whatever you want. You have to actively watch what you eat and exercise...so in that respect I think it is harder sometimes but that doesn't mean I'm giving up!
  • bslclay
    bslclay Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Amy- I love your pic! I too have gained weight in graduate school, starting at a size 8 and now in a size 14 (sometimes a 12 depending on the brand). I think stress and weight gain are linked, at least with me. Keep up the good work...you can do it!

\

Kajaknowers - Thanks for the positive encouragement! It was needed!
  • kwaters7
    kwaters7 Posts: 129
    Options
    real nice post!! i agree totally. for me, its been pretty easy to lose with MFP as you cant do the head in the sand comfort eating any more. Take Care

kenny
  • Sweetie_Pie92
    Sweetie_Pie92 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    This is so true. The weight is coming off so much faster than it was put on!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!