Ladies who started at 200+ pounds!

Options

Replies

• susanmc31
    susanmc31 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Hi! You can add me too. I am currently at 218 pounds and am working my way down to a healthier me. I am working on weight lifting (heavy) and the C25K program.
  • slepygrl
    slepygrl Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I started at 234. I'm currently at 178. :-)
    You can do it!!
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I started off at 202 pounds in April of 2011. I hit my original goal weight in February 2012 (152 lbs). After that, I decide to keep losing and eventually ended up at 135. I've weighed around 135 for seven months now. :smile:

I took it slow and easy. I planned to lose just a 1/2 pound a week and only cut 250 calories a day from my TDEE. That allowed me to keep enjoying food like pizza, cupcakes and wine.
  • pouringraina
    pouringraina Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    When I first started MFP, I was 216. I got down to 198, then gained weight. Now it's almost 2 years later, and I am more serious about losing weight this time. I am now 224, and don't ever plan to see that big of a number again. Feel free to add me.
  • jmm774
    jmm774 Posts: 34
    Options
    I started out at 206, add me too!
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I started at about 220lbs. Maybe more. And I've always been overweight (well, since I was about 8). I'm now about 175lbs and no longer a couch potato.
  • MusicInMyHeart
    Options
    I am right around where you're at. I started at 216.8 and now I'm 196.8. Sending you a friend request now! :smile:
  • runmybunsoff
    runmybunsoff Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Hellooooo!! I am here if you need me! =)
  • MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I started at 255. I am in maintenance now (I just reached my goal) but would love to add you as a friend!
  • texjenn
    texjenn Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies - I started at 220 about a year & a half ago. I am now down to 129-130. Omg!! I've never been this thin! Now I'm maintaining but I struggle everyday. Moderation has been the key for me.

Feel free to add me - say you saw my post on this board...
  • janahcarter
    janahcarter Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I started out this time last year at 223 pounds. I'm down to 193 pounds right now. Could have been a lower number but I wasn't as committed as I should have been. I have 58 pounds to go until I'm at goal!
  • lotusspark
    Options
    sw:316 cw:205/206 gw:135 you can add me...this won't be a quick battle either.
  • vrivera566
    Options
    Hey I just started today I am 215 I need to loose at least 50lbs please add me!!!
  • acrynne
    acrynne Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I started at 221 back in August. I'm officially at 186... (but I know that I am actually down a few more pounds).
  • st2mey
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as most everyone else! 250 starting out now... Feel free to add! Everyone has done so well! Gives me hope that I can reach my goals too. Hardest part is finding a time to workout what with working graves... bleck!
  • Psychedelicately
    Psychedelicately Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I was 210 (I lost 5 before starting MFP) at the beginning of October and I now weigh 184.
  • AggieFan2011
    AggieFan2011 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Hey! I actually semi started trying to eat healthier and lose weight at the beginning of this summer, but I wasn't using any kind of system to track anything so I probably only lost about 5 or 10 pounds the entire summer. It was a step in the right direction though. I discovered MFP at the end of October, bought a scale, and decided to take full control of my weight loss. When I started on MFP I weighed 228 lbs (I have no real idea what I weighed before the summer/fall but I'm going to guess around 235-240ish). After 2 months of using the site I have lost 15 pounds and am down to 213 lbs. My ultimate goal as of now is 130 lbs (I'm 5'7"). It's been a slow and steady process thus far, but I know that I still have a LONG way to go. Feel free to add me though. I enjoy having friends with similar goals to mine and it always helps to have people who are in the same general place in their weight loss journey as you are.
  • Ronni66
    Ronni66 Posts: 43
    Options
    I was 230 pounds when i started , now i am at 197. so far so good. Add me as well!
  • abrockhausen
    abrockhausen Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Started at 217, first goal is 160lbs. Add me!
  • LittleMissYoYo
    LittleMissYoYo Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Yup! I was 215 back in January this year and so far lost 12lbs x I can see a bit of a difference in myself (See my profile picture)

I am on here daily and I actively support anyone who needs it!

Good luck and I know you can do it! xxxxxxxxxxxxx