Hard to Eat Calories

Options
Some days I find it very hard to eat enough calories. Today was the first day in a long time that I actually tracked my food and it told me I was actually at starvation level. First and foremost, THIS IS NOT INTENTIONAL! I am on a medication for seizures and migraines that's causing me to not have an appetite. That medicine coupled with the stomach issues I have due to Celiac Disease is making my life miserable!

Anyone have any advice? I want to lose weight but I can't do that if I'm eating at starvation levels.

Thanks in advance.

Aleshia

Replies

• Missallison7691
    Options
    How many cals are you eating per day?
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    set a timer to remind yourself to eat

eat larger meals when you do eat.
  • alaskabrat
    alaskabrat Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Maybe try drinking some of your calories. Find some protein shakes, or drinks with a lot of vitamins. You should be able to find something tasty, healthy and full of calories. :) Good luck!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    if you are looking for foods to help with upping your calorie intake, I suggest checking this out:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/410771-i-can-t-reach-my-calorie-goal-it-s-too-much-food
  • chosengiver
    chosengiver Posts: 1,493
    Options
    I'd suggest eating very calorie dense foods for Celiac's Dz, like avocado, pecans, trail mix, nut butters & making green monsters with protein powder. There are plenty of sites with different ones, such as these:

Green Monster Movement
    http://greenmonstermovement.com

Dashing Dish--this site also has a "Gluten Free" section
    http://dashingdish.com/recipe/dashing-dish-official-protein-shake/

Increasing the protein is the way to go, imo!
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Protein is usually calorie dense and helps with maintaining and building Lean Body Mass.
  • taekwonkenpo
    Options
    I checked your log and you have not been logging at all, just as you said. Do you normally eat as you did on the day you mentioned above? I think everyone has low days on occasion. You should log more regularly and then you will be more attentive to what you are eating. If you are really having trouble after completing a more accurate log then i suggest you fill your home with nutritionally vitamin dense foods that have more calories. The goal would be to eat more calories when you do eat but try your best to get those calories from healthy food options.
  • dancinlesh
    Options
    I don't normally eat like I did yesterday. Yesterday was an exception, junk food wise. My partner's granny went to the ER and we weren't prepared to spend the entire day there.

To the person who said eat bigger meals. I cant do that either. I have delayed emptying problems also with my stomach so I have to eat smaller meals.

I will try some denser calorie foods and drinks.

Thank you all so much!